View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #110
danielle_ftv
Administrator

May 14, 2010
Don't you like when I'm bored...I take pictures!

My 22nd birthday is coming up so soon here. Honestly I'm not all that excited about it. I was going to celebrate it during Memorial day weekend but my friends were all like "Nooo! Las Vegas will be so expensive then. Let's go to Lake Havasu instead". Of course my friends being the flaky friends they are completely bailed out on Lake Havasu. What really irritates me is that I had planned on going to LV Friday through Sunday but then my friends were like "Nooo! If we are doing Rehab on Sunday then we don't want to have to leave early, all drunk to get to the airport on time." Well of course out of the 9 people that are going half of them are staying Friday through Sunday instead of Saturday through Monday. I can kind of understand though since Dallas has to go to school (she is in real estate school right now) and her boyfriend has work. I was hoping that everyone would stay at the Hardrock hotel (where I'm staying) but apparently nobody is staying there. It should be interesting to see how we coordinate everything. As long as everyone is on time to get on the party bus on Saturday then I will be happy. I was trying to get everyone to stay at the Hardrock because you get free passes to Rehab and the passes can get kind of expensive (like $50 for women and up to $150 for men.) But whatever, it's their money. I have to cancel the limo though since nobody is staying in the hotel with me (it would be kind of stupid to have only one or two people in a Cadillac Escalade stretch limo.) But then again, that saves me money to spend on random nick-nacks (did I spell that right?).

I really want to put Love Bug in this residential doggie boot camp. I thought it would be cool to train her myself....it would give us a chance to bond, but to be perfectly honest I'm way too much of a pushover to train her. She's totally gotten into the habit of begging for food...and of course I give it to her (though I would probably give it to her even if she was trained...I just don't want her to beg.) Plus I think she has wicked seperation anxiety. She's pooed in her kennel quite a few times even if I take her out right before I put her in. I assume that's because she's freaking out without me around. AND everytime I take her out of the kennel when I get back she completely freaks out on me. The doggie boot camp is pretty expensive (like $1,900 or something) and it lasts like 4 weeks but I think it could totally be worth it. The only things I would be concerned about is the other dogs around her and how they train her. I want the trainer to understand that when LB comes home that she will only be in her kennel when I have to leave (and that's not very often.) I don't want to have to put her in her kennel all the time. I would also want the trainer to train her to ring a doggie doorbell to go outside and potty. That would be so helpful to me. I've looked up the boot camp and they seem to be really good. I've found no complaints on them so far and the website gives a lot of info about what they do. I really want to get a cat for LB to have as a companion (though the cat has to be friendly to the chinchillas too.) I would love a cat that is super cuddly and very friendly like my old cat Idaho. I love this cat that I saw at the vet...she would've been perfect for me (picture in "continued" part of message).

EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival) is next month. This will be the second time I'm attending it. My friends kind of irritated me with the hotel situation here too. I was planning on staying at the Bonaventure Westin but my friend Mike was like "Nooo! Let's stay someplace cheaper and closer." So I started looking into it and we decided on staying at an Economy Inn or something similar. Well apparently it's the same distance away as the Bonaventure AND most of my friends aren't staying there...they are staying at the Bonaventure! So aggravating! The group this year going there is going to be huge. Dallas and I are wearing costumes like we did last time. One of the nights we are going as video game characters. I'm going as Yuna from Final Fantasy and I think Dallas is doing the Mario Brother's princess. The other night we are going as a cat and mouse. I am trying to get some of the guys to wear t-shirts that say "Cheese" or "Catnip" on it (I thought this was hillarious!). I actually need to get those t-shirts made pretty soon here.

My sister's 21st birthday was last weekend. We are Irish twins BTW. Irish twins are siblings that are the same age for a short period of time. We went to Romano's Macaroni Grill for dinner and Em started off with two fruity martinis while I had one sangria since I was going to be DD (designated driver.) We went back to my mom's place so everyone could get ready. My dad, Em's boyfriend, Em and I were the only one's who went (though that's the way Emily wanted it.) Nobody really knew where they wanted to go so I kind of forced everyone to go to American Junkie in old town Scottsdale. I payed for everyone's drinks there which ended up costing quite a bit. Emily had like 5 shots in the 30 minutes that we were there including a 3 Wise Men shot (I heard this shot was quite nasty but get's you really drunk.) We then went to this country bar in Cave Creek which was like 45 minutes away from old town. It was pretty interesting. I pretty much just sat by myself, drinking my Coke and eating peanuts while they all played pool. Emily was pretty drunk by this point (I think she had another 5 more shots there....her theme song that night was that song "Shots"..."shot, shot, shot, shot, shot...".) When the bar started clearing out we went to another country bar (this was at about 1 or 1:15...the bars here close at 2.) Everyone continued getting drunk. Emily and I had the best heart to heart conversation about our past and us not being able to show how much we love each other and things like that. I'm sure it was pretty funny to watch...two girls that don't look like they belong in a bar like that (though Em looked like she belonged there more than I did), holding hands, crying. I've got to admit I don't enjoy being around drunk people but being around my sister, her boyfriend, and dad was pretty amusing. The drive home was interesting to say the least. Emily kept shaking her booty right in front of my face while was trying to drive. We had to stop on the side of the road because all of them needed to pee. I thought it was hillarious how they were all lined up peeing (though I was kind of worried about a cop seeing and giving them a ticket for public indecency...though I'm sure my sister would've tried to talk him/her out of it since it was her birthday.) What sucks is that I couldn't even go straight home when I dropped them off. I had to pick up one of my friends because he didn't have his vehicle and drive him to his place...though it was only 10 minutes away from my house.

The next day was mother's day. I don't know how hungover everyone was...I'm sure it was pretty bad. We were supposed to do a bbq but mom decided to cancel it and went to the movies instead with dad. I'm going to give her the mother's day gifts I got her (a necklace, a sunflower windchimes, and a bunch of home videos that I had converted to DVD's) on Saturday when I go over to their house for dad's birthday. We are going to Famous Dave's and then going to see some movie (hopefully it's not Bounty Hunter or Date Night since I just saw it, though I know it won't be Iron Man 2 since my mom and dad just saw that.) Actually I just realized that we are going to see Robin Hood which should be pretty cool.

I had to get some cavities filled the other day. I've never had cavities before so it was kind of weird to get this procedure done. I guess the cavities were really deep because they had to drill into the teeth and fill them. I was so freaked out about getting the anesthetic shot. I scheduled the appointment later in the day so I would for sure get enough sleep and I ate a little before the appointment (I try to do these things so I don't pass out when I get stuck with the needle.) It's really weird because I hate needles and always get super faint when I have to get shots or get blood drawn but the thought of doing it to someone else doesn't really freak me out that much. Anyhoo so they had to give me 5 anesthetic shots which I thought was a little much but turned out to be perfect. The drilling wasn't bad at all and didn't really faze me though it was super cold on my teeth. The only thing that sucked was keeping my mouth open really wide the whole time (it took like an hour to do.) There was one point were my jaw started quivering and I couldn't really keep it open. My mouth still kind of hurts. I can keep my mouth open pretty long hehe...but that was a little too long for me. It was weird how much of my face was numb. I couldn't feel myself breathing and my eyes were numb too. When I got home I noticed that I had snot running all down my face. Hopefully that wasn't there for too long. Unfortunately they still have to fill in another spot. That appoinment is in another two weeks I think.

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 05-14-2010 at 08:42 AM.