View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #108
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Apr. 18, 2010
Okay so last time I wrote a journal entry was before Miami Winter Music Conference, The Phoenix Forum and Coachella. So I'll start off telling you guys about WMC.

I've never been to Miami before, so it was great visiting a new city. The service there is absolutely horrible (especially for the prices you pay). I stayed at the National hotel (there was 3 people staying with me in this tiny room.) The first day (Thursday) we got to the hotel around 4ish and walked around the streets, shopping and stuff. We stopped by this cute restaurant for food and sangrias (I love sangria). We saw Biz Markie (I think that's how you spell his name). I had no idea who he was until my friends pointed him out to me and sang the songs that he sang. Dallas and I both got pictures with him. That night we went to Karu and Y to see Above and Beyond (and a ton of other DJ's). I can't believe how huge that club was...by far one of the biggest clubs I've ever been in. We didn't get back to the hotel until pretty late (this seemed to happen quite a bit during the trip.) The next day we went to the Surfcomber pool party. It was pouring rain outside which was a bummer at first but then became very amusing for me (watching girls in 5 inch heels running around trying not to get wet is hilarious!) We met this super nice couple from Ohio there and ended up hanging out with them the whole pool party. Later on the group went to Nocturnal (this was my friends birthday so I wanted to make it a lot of fun for him.) I didn't stay too long there because I was feeling super sleep deprived (I only got a couple hours of sleep Wednesday night because I was so excited...so I was really running low by then.) Saturday day we stayed at the hotel for their pool party which was a ton of fun....totally chill. Dallas and I walked around the beach for a bit and took some pictures (we both decided it would be terrible to be in Miami and not visit the beach/ocean once.) Saturday night was Karu and Y again. That night I didn't get back to the hotel until like 5 in the morning. Finding a taxi to take us back to the hotel was a pain in the butt. We found a taxi that was trying to get $50 for taking us to the hotel. I was okay with that but my friends got mad at the taxi driver for trying to rip us off. I ended up getting pretty sick that night (sleep deprivation plus being in the sun all day, drinking will do that to me.) Sunday I ended up staying in the hotel all day. I was supposed to go to the Surfcomber pool party again but ended up giving my extra tickets to my friends. Sunday night we were supposed to go to Bed where some of the local DJ's from Phoenix were going to be spinning. I'm sad that I missed it but I definitely did not feel up to it at all. We left on Monday....honestly I was pretty happy to be getting home. I think two days of partying is my max for sure.

The Phoenix Forum was at the beginning of this month. I was super excited about it (I had a ton of fun last year there.) The first day was awesome. Dallas was able to get a ticket through one of the guys that visits the club she dances at (it normally costs around $275 for a ticket and you have to be in the industry to get one.) I ended up doing a shoot there. The shoot turned out really well in my opinion. I did get an airbrush tan the day before so I do look super tan (and maybe a little orange in some of the pics). It was a super public shoot, possibly the most public shoot I've done so far. I was pretty nervous about doing public nudity around everyone but it was pretty chill and nobody really bothered us. I was supposed to shoot a second time but FTVRob didn't want to be at the forum any longer so we ended up stopping at one shoot. Dallas and I ended up hanging out at the pool with some of our friends who are in the industry for a couple hours before getting something to eat and leaving to get ready for the night. I had to drop Dallas off at her place since I picked her up and she decided not to go out again (I guess she wanted to see her boyfriend). I ended up going back for about 30 minutes but left because I started getting sick (you see a pattern here....I get in the sun and I get sick.) I felt terrible the next day too so I didn't end up going the rest of the time which I kind of regret but at there is always next year. I didn't do the topless dodge ball tournament because I didn't feel like I was in good enough shape for it this time.

Coachella in Indio, California was amazing. I have never been to a real concert before (I don't really count seeing DJ's perform as a concert) so seeing bands play live was an awesome experience for me. We saw David Guetta, Deadmau5, Muse, Kaskade, Dirty South, Bass Nectar, Tiesto and a couple other bands there (mostly DJ's though...hehe.) The house that we stayed in was gorgeous. It was about 25 minutes away from the concert but that was perfectly fine with me since I was worried that we weren't going to be able to get a place to stay in the first place. I started looking for rental homes pretty late and apparently everything sells out really quick. The tickets for Coachella sold out and so one of my friends wasn't able to go and the other one had to sneak in the first day. This was by far the most chill music trip I've ever taken. I had maybe one drink the whole weekend and ended up getting plenty of sleep. The festival music started at like 11 AM and lasted until 1 AM but there was no way that I was going to the festival before 4 PM. The first day we ended up getting there at about 7 (Dallas made us take the wrong exit and we got stuck in traffic for like an hour at least.) The second day we got there around 5ish, which was pretty tiring. My one friend Erik ended up taking off, doing his own thing. Apparently he snuck into the VIP area and saw Beyonce, Jay Z, Pink and a couple other celebrities. Dallas and I both got pictures with the famous burlesque dancer Dita Von Tease. I thought I had booked the house only until Sunday but when I went through my emails I realized that I actually had it until Monday (the "check out" time was ridiculously early too....like 10 AM!) Dallas and her boyfriend ended up leaving on Sunday since he had to work on Monday. I didn't end up going to the festival on Sunday which I should have. Apparently my two guy friends ended up sneaking into the VIP area again and met a ton of celebrities. They met Jay Z and Beyonce, one of the guys from Hot Tub Time Machine, the guy from Crank, Paris Hilton, Tommy Lee, and a bunch of other celebs. I was totally jealous when they got back to the house and told me about it!

I just recently got a new puppy. Her name is Love Bug. She's about 16 weeks old and a Papillon (I had a Papillon before...they are the best small dog breed ever!) I named her Love Bug because she is a super cuddler. She follows me around everywhere and sleeps about as much as I do. I was thinking about doing a residential boarding training program for her but when I really started thinking about it I realized that I want to be part of her training (plus some of the programs last like 3 months.) She's been doing amazing so far....potty training has been relatively easy. The only problem we have is that she hates her crate and when I take a bath or shower. She absolutely flips out when I take a bath/shower even though she can see me the whole time. It's been a pain since I love taking long baths and take like 3 a day sometimes. The chinchillas and her get a long very well. Actually they don't really pay attention to each other which is probably a good thing. The chinchillas cage is off the ground so Love Bug probably can't even really see them.

School is going to end really soon here. We have about two weeks left which I'm really excited about. This summer is going to be full of trips (as usual). For my 22nd birthday we will be going to Vegas again. We are all staying at the Hard Rock so that we can get passes to Rehab on Sunday. Saturday night we are going to have a party bus for 4 hours and then we will end the night at Rain in the Palms where Paul Oakenfold plays. Like last year I will have a stretch limo pick us up and drop us off at the airport. I would like to go to the Anthony Cools show again because I really want to be hypnotized but I'm not sure how we will be feeling on Sunday night after all the partying we will be doing during the day. This weekend my friend is throwing his first pool party. This will be the start to the summer. I want to try making sangria for the party...that will be my first time making an alcoholic drink (well actually it's my second time...but I don't want to even remember my first time...jello shots that were the consistency of gel candles.)

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 09-18-2010 at 08:22 AM.