View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #89
Index-of-Beauty Ben
In Love with Danielle

Default My date.

I've been married and divorced, had cancer already at the age of 27 so I'm a no-frills, no-bs kind of guy.

However, if given the opportunity to take the lovely Danielle on a date, since we've already had a wonderful interview...Here's what I'd do.

First, I'd take her to the best little pizza joint around here in the world. You can order pizza by the slice and pitchers of cold beer or soda. There's usually something silly on the one television in the dive. The old Italian lady behind the counter is rude to everybody, and it's tiny and cramped. You can really barely sit too far away from one another to conversate. It's a dive but it has charm and some of the best thin-crust pizza in the world.

After a good meal, I'm all about either going to hear a good live band - local or not or, with my inner-dudeness abiding, I'd like to go bowling. It's nerdy. The shoes smell funny. It's fun. You can bust your butt, etc. Plus, you can be a little competitive if you want.

Finally, since I live in the country, I know some pretty great places to just go and stare up at stars and listen to the quiet. I've had some pretty crappy times of late. Sitting on the hood of a car and just wondering what the hell everything is all about sometimes has a nice calm feeling to it. The one place in particular I'm thinking of overlooks a little creek. It's a great place to pull up the car, get out on the hood, drink a bottle of wine and turn back the key in the car and listen to the radio. I'm a sap like that.

Plus, I'm a gentleman. I never ask for sex on a first date.