Thread: Favorite Music
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Smile

I'll toss my couple dimes in here (inflation--2 cents' doesn't cut it anymore).

I'm eclectic. I like a bit of most things. From early rock late 50s/early 60s), I like The Righteous Brothers & early Beatles, mid 60s-70s rock I like the Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young if he's up for it), Alice Cooper, The Doors, Queen, ABBA, &c. Late 70s through 80s, I like Talking Heads, U2, The Clash, Sex Pistols, REM, &c., &c.

90s, its U2, again, plus Nirvana, The Offspring, Radiohead, Kelly Clarkson, &c., &c.

2000s, its Coldplay leading the pack. There's also a bit more "fun stuff" in recent years, i.e., The Pussycat Dolls, Katie Perry, and so on.

I like some country. There are times I love bluegrass, especially Blue Kentucky Moon. For the most part, though, its Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson for me.

With the Blues, its Janis Joplin for me (I can't get enough of Me & Bobby McGee--if I remember right, Janis & Kris were distantly related; a bit of a coincidence maybe), plus Leadbelly (I love Good Night, Irene), some Muddy Waters & Bo Diddly, too.

For jazz, Miles leads the way, followed by John Coltraine, Dave Brubeck and Harry Connick, Jr.

There's nothing like P-Funk to pick you up and make you wanna stomp!

I love classical, too. Mozart's Requiem, Bethoven's 7th Symphony (1st movement) & 9th Symphony (in toto), Bach, Handel's Water Music, and right up towards the top, Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor.

Ravi Shankar & Israel Kamakawiwo'ole are great, as are the Black-Eyed Peas, Wyclef, Lauryn Hill (gotta love Doo Wop), solo or as The Fugees. Storm Large, as Storm Inc or Storm & the Balls, reggae, ...Music's just good.

There's not much I don't like, or can't find something good in, whether its Tibetan monks chanting, Balinese gamalan or something directly from Africa, whether tribal or modern from Ladysmith Black Mambazo to Fela Kuti or his son, Femi. Its all good.

Last edited by geolarson2; 09-19-2008 at 11:18 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote