View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #55
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Mar. 25, 2009
So I did it! I finally talked to my mom about what I do for a living. Funny thing is she already knew (found out about a week ago.) I guess she was just waiting for me to tell her about it. I guess that my step father to be was looking up Rob's cars and found out about the whole "219" thing, which lead to him finding out about FTV, where he found me. I'm pretty surprised that my sister didn't tell my mom (which I honestly thought she was going to do.) It's cool though because now I feel like me and my sis have more trust for each other. Anyways so the whole reason that the site was brought up was because my mom and I were talking about the "familial nudity fiasco" and I was explaining to my mom that I would be super uncomfortable if she ever saw nude pictures of me. Well she straight out told me that she already had and that got me to thinking...where? Because my modeling portfolio has an option that I always turn on that doesn't show the nude pictures (anything 18+) to non-members. Well I'm at least glad that it's out in the open now. I just wanted to wait until things calmed down a little. Especially since my brother in law got into town and is staying with my mom until April 5 or so and then my little brother is supposed to be coming down from DC at the beginning of April too. So I know my mom is pretty stressed out and the last thing I want is for her to get even more stressed out about this. My mom took everything pretty calmly. I explained to her how this job has changed me, and how for the first time in my life I am truly happy. I'm finally in control of my life...I'm going to school, have an amazing job, get to talk to people that really like me, am finally going to school and actually know what I want to do this time. And on top of that I actually have friends! And they invite me places! I'm not going to lie...my mom was upset. She ended up crying at the end of our conversation, but I don't think it was really the job that upset her I think it's just the fact that for the first time in both of our lives I'm starting to drift away from her. I'm going to make it a priority to call her at least twice a week just to chat and to visit her at least once a week for lunch or dinner. I never meant to drift away from her...I guess things just got in the way. I wonder what my mom's fiance thinks about my job? Now I'm going to be super uncomfortable around him...how freaking awkward!

I'm pretty happy about my grades so far. I thought I was going to be failing my Geology lecture course since I failed that one test miserably. But I guess I'm actually making a B- in it...which is awesome since I am planning on doing as much extra credit as possible which can raise my grade up by one letter. I am also making an A- in my Forensic Pathology class, math, and my Geology lab class. I'm not really sure what I'm making in my belly dancing class though. I'm probably not doing that well since I'm missed four classes which lowers my grade to like a C or something like that. But fortunately I can make up two of the classes which will raise up my score.