View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #54
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Mar. 20, 2009
So I'm back from Rocky Point. It was awesome...definitely a great place to go for your first Spring Break. There wasn't as many people vacationing there as I thought there was going to be. I was talking to a few people who regularly go there and they were commenting on that and saying it's really due to the media hype about Mexico being unsafe (which BTW is complete BS for Rocky Point...I actually felt quiet safe there.) Our hotel was super nice...especially for the price I was paying. The first night we didn't really do anything, just hung around the hotel and drank. We ended up going to this bar called Baja Cantina. I guess it was the "happening hot spot" there. I've never seen so many girls getting naked! I'm not going to lie...I was also right up there in the VIP with them flashing my boobs around. But I'm pretty used to nudity, so it's not unusual for me. What was funny was that later on I was talking to some of my male friends about me flashing myself. They were telling me that if their girlfriends were to do the same thing they would be upset. It definitely got me to thinking though, because I'm so used to nudity and have been even before I started in this industry. It always confuses me when people get upset by it...but then I have to realize that not everybody thinks the way I do. It was also funny thinking about how okay I am with nudity when it's on my own "terms" rather than when I'm shooting. I get really nervous sometimes when I'm doing public nudity shoots, but get me in front of a bunch of people and I will normally take off my clothes (and without any alcohol in me.) Gawd that probably made me sound really slutty (which I'm not) I just find it completely ridiculous how people can be all Godly and prude, but when they start drinking or go somewhere for vacation they "slut it up" and sleep with a dozen different people, and do other crazy things like that. I just don't get it. But anyways...didn't really do anything for St. Patty's day. Just hung out around the beach and drank beers all day (BTW I'm swearing off drinking again...or at least until this weekend.) The drive back to Arizona was complete hell. We ended up waiting for THREE HOURS at the border. And they really need to make a better system because what ended up happening was that the police split the one line into two lines (by this point we had been waiting for about 45 minutes while everyone else who was zooming by us for the second line had just got there.) Well anyways the line merges further down...so all those people who just got there were able to get through the border within 30 minutes to an hour while we were stuck behind them for three hours. I was so freaking p!ssed off...plus I almost ran out of gas and was just able to cross the border and get gas before my car died on me (thank gawd...that would have been embarassing.) But other than that it was a fun trip for sure. My friends and I are thinking about doing a Vegas trip right after my 21st birthday...that should be pretty exciting! I don't have that much longer to wait. Next month is the Phoenix Forum (April 2nd to the 4th)...I'm super pysched about it. Unfortunately Rob is supposed to be gone for his Bugatti trip at that same time so I won't be able to get any professional video/photo updates there. Next week I have two more mid-term tests...which by the way I think is completely screwed up. I mean why couldn't they schedule it for before Spring Break...who wants to study during their Spring Break? April is going to be a sucky month for me. Not only do I have taxes that are due, but my car insurance is due and I have to renew my car registration. I already did the car registration and got a personalized license plate!