View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 12:36 AM   #840
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheLogician View Post
Hey Dani,

In a recent vlog you expressed the ambition to start watching Game of Thrones from HBO, as you are a fan of the book series. The show has amazing production values, like that of a feature film, including very realistic-looking CGI dragons which interact with the human cast. As I recall, each hour-long show, which leverages a cast of about 200 and a crew of roughly 800 others, not to mention the extras sometimes used, has a budget of about US$10 million!

Starting with the third season of the six exhibited so far, the Funny Or Die web site has been producing a short video synopsis for each weekly show, all of which you can find online here. Called Gay of Thrones, these hilarious reviews star Jonathan, the swishiest West Hollywood hairdresser you will ever meet, who leverages one's knowledge of popular culture to help keep track of the enormous cast of characters, as he recounts the latest episode to a (quasi-)celebrity customer on whom he is working. Why not spare three minutes now and pick any of these shorts to be sold on the concept - and the HBO series as well!

I'm sure that is absolutely hilarious! I will have to check it out after I've watched the actual Game of Thrones episodes.