View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #73
danielle_ftv
Administrator

July 6, 2009
I'm not going to lie...4th of July kind of sucked for me this year. Dallas and some of her work buddies were hanging out at the Mondrion pool all day and invited me to join them. Personally not exactly my idea of fun. Plus I knew that if I was out drinking from noon till 8 PM I would be completely sick and probably have a sun stroke (which tends to happen if I spend more than 5 minutes in the sun.) So I declined and planned on meeting up with them for dinner at 8. Couldn't get ahold of Dallas until 7:30 PM and finally got to the hotel at 8:15ish. Couldn't find the room (The lobby/valet parking is in a complete seperate area from the hotel rooms) and Dallas couldn't seem to give me a straight answer on where she was located. Finally got to Dallas's room where we waited for 20 minutes while everyone tried to figure out what where stuff was, where we were going to go, etc. I was a little irritated because everyone was telling me that they wanted to go to the Pussycat Lounge...I guess they got a table and bottle service at a discount...but Dallas and I had already made plans to go to Saddle Ranch for dinner a few days before.

So anyways I hop into a with two of my friends that I had brought and just head over to Saddle Ranch since I was being told that nobody wanted to go there, blah blah blah. Luckily Dallas didn't ditch me and did end up showing up with three of her friends while the rest of the group went to PCL (where I guess they thought we were heading.) Saddle Ranch has the best dessert menu ever (well after Cheesecake Factory that is.) They have a $20 cotton candy, chocolate chip cookie and sundae dessert (and no I didn't get that.) Dallas's date/friend ended up riding the mechanical bull (the same one I rode in my short black cocktail dress last year) like 20 times and ended up tearing his thumb open. Everywhere in Scottsdale was pretty dead...I guess that everyone was too tired from day partying to venture out to old town. I got a chocolate chip cookie in one of those griddle pan things with vanilla ice cream on top (good gawd I'm getting hungry.) For whatever reason they ended up bringing out a three foot high cotton candy for us too. Dallas's date was so sh!t faced that we played a joke on him and told him that it was my 21st birthday that day (probably a mistake since he started telling everyone it was my birthday and kept trying to get me free drinks.)

We ended up at American Junkie (a "hip" Scottsdale bar/club where all the preppies/guppies seem to congregate.) The only thing I really like about the place is that they actually have food and they actually have a drink menu (I never know what to order since I just turned 21, so I always rely on my friends to suggest drinks.) I ended up ordering a mojito which was pretty tasty I must admit. Honestly it was pretty lame. On one side we have Dallas being thoroughly embarassed my her date and on the other side we have one of my guy friends and his current fling having relationship "issues". She's completely hammered and is what my guy friend calls a "sloppy drunk" (which pretty much means she's going around kissing everyone, flirting with random guys, confessing her undying love to my guy friend, and crap like that.) He's irritated because this is the second time that she's pulled this on him. So he goes off and starts flirting with Dallas's friends that she brought one of whom is a "95.5%" (in her words) lesbian. I told him this but supposedly he thinks he can "turn" any girl. Mmmmk then.

Dallas ended up leaving at some point without informing any of us (which definitely freaked me out since I had assumed babysitter status.) I guess she was so embarassed by her date that she just left with him to go back to the hotel. The guy friend ended up also leaving with his date and Dallas's friends also without telling me. All in all it just wasn't that much fun. I would've much rather have hung out with my mom and brother (we always do 4th of July at my mom's friends house who lives out near Phoenix International Raceway...they have an awesome view of the fireworks.) I really only got to see one firework and that was while walking to Dallas's hotel room. I guess they were shooting off the fireworks almost directly over the hotel. Kind of freaked everyone out...almost everyone thought someone was shooting a gun outside (pretty laughable in old town Scottsdale.) But it was pretty loud though...the valet guy freaked out and almost hit the floor when one of the fireworks went off .

I'm supposed to do dinner with the family on Thursday. Still not sure when my sister is supposed to come back from Texas. Hopefully soon because I actually kind of miss her. Probably not going to do anything this weekend. I really need a weekend to relax and just have some "me" time.

BTW...I finally fixed the 4th of July zip file. Not exactly sure what happened. Ended up having to completely redo the zip file and upload it (which didn't take as long as I thought it was going to.) Need to call Cox and have them help me do/fix the wireless router. I followed all the directions they gave me but it still screwed up on me (and honestly I would really like to be able to move my laptop around my place.)