Thread: Webcam
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #140
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bone Thomas View Post
Of course it wasn't meant serious. I was just referring to the early days of TV broadcasting (some of the very old members here might remember) when it wasn't a joke that some people dresses up for watching TV thinking the people on the other side of the screen could see them too. Nowadays we know it better. But with the development of computers, internet and webcams things have changed again and I think technically it is now possible to see each other when both sides use a webcam and an adequate software. But just the association that you could see what your audience is doing during your webcam show is kind of irritating and I'm not sure if it really would turn on you or/and the audience. I have a little webcam built-in my laptop too which I never use but sometimes I wonder if there's already a spy-virus-software circulating in the net which can activate this camera remote-controlled and unnoticed and watch me all the time. I better stop here before I get paranoid, lol. But for safety reasons I will wear a mask and turn off the light the next time I watch your webcam show. (=another joke)
That reminds me of an April joke from last year (?), which said someone found a way to access LCD Displays and use them as cameras, spying out people. (Which is technically impossible.)
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote