View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #103
danielle_ftv
Administrator

February 08, 2010
Dallas threw a Superbowl party at her house yesterday. We figured we would have about 30 people there but I think only 15-20 people showed up (which was a good thing since there really isn't all that much room at her place.) We made jello shots (which I ended up doing way too many of) and jungle juice (which was really nasty!). All the girls were routing for the Saints (I picked them because they are from my home state). Personally I don't really like football and really don't like watching the games, but it's always fun hanging out with the group.

I didn't get much sleep Saturday night so Sunday was kind of...spacey for me. I ended up going out to eat at Postinos (I love their food and they have awesome bruschetta). From there we went to Sanctum which is this weird gothic club in a weird part of Phoenix. I was actually pretty entertained while there. They were playing industrial music and a lot of 80's Depeche Mode type music. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what we all were looking for. We ended up leaving and went to Bar Smith. The music was even worse there. Apparently they were playing what my friend likes to call "old school house" like something you hear clubs in San Fransisco playing. I just thought it was crappy music. From there we went to this German restaurant, The Black Mills, which turns into a nightclub on Fridays and Saturdays. It's actually pretty freaking random! The music there was good most of the time. The first DJ sucked big time. From TBM we went to Cin Cin in oldtown Scottsdale where we stayed for about 20 minutes before going to an after-afterparty at the Optima (these really sweet and expensive condos in Scottsdale). I didn't get to sleep until about 7 in the morning. I was actually pretty surprised because Dallas wanted me over at her place at 11 AM (I didn't get up until 1). I was totally expecting her to be p!ssed off at me for not being on time (but the game wasn't even until 4:30 anyways...so it really didn't matter.)

Friday night a few of us went to Revolver (this new club that opened in oldtown Scottsdale.) I liked the club itself, but the music was pretty iffy. From there we went to American Junkie where I met up with Aaron, Lia and her group. We took off at about 1 and went to ***** Cat Lounge where my friend works as a promoter (though I didn't see him that night.) I actually got home at a pretty decent time that night...though I didn't get to sleep until about 4ish.

Snowboarding the weekend before last was awesome. Thursday night we went to this club in Hollywood. I wasn't really sure about going to a club especially since we were supposed to be on our way by like 7 or some crazy early time like that. Of course we didn't actually take off at that time since we didn't get back home until 4 or 5 in the morning. I ended up drinking way too much that night. At one point I was trying to show one of my friends a picture of Dallas' new boobs on my cell phone when I realized that I didn't have my cell phone anymore. We spent like an hour searching for my phone before realizing that it was gone. I was so upset....my phone is pretty much my lifeline to the world (along with my car and computer). But of course like an idiot I found it later on in my jacket pocket.

On the drive up to Big Bear I only had a panic attack once (good for me!) We ended up snowboarding all three days we stayed up there. The first day (Friday) we actually did night snowboarding which I was kind of worried about. It was my second time ever snowboarding so I was worried about doing it in the dark. I actually did a pretty good job (at least that's what my friends told me.) I only had three drinks that whole weekend (while the rest of my friends proceeded to get hammered). I realized that alcohol, snowboarding, and I don't mix very well. Saturday I had two bloody Mary's and was feeling pretty cocky and decided to go down one of the more advanced runs (I blame this all on my friend Megan though since she's the one who told me about it in the first place.) Never again will I do that. I ended up landing on my tailbone so many times that I thought a broke it. I also landed on my arm and wrist quite a few times. I was very angry by the time I got to the bottom that I pretty much quit for the day.

The next day I did pretty much the same thing (went up a more advanced trail). That was a huge mistake. I spent most of the time on my butt since my legs were in such tremendous pain (BTW three days back to back of snowboarding when you are only going for your second time....in five years, is not a good idea.) All in all I did have a great time. The trip back down the mountain took like more than two hours vs. the 25-30 minutes it normally takes. I plan on buying my own snowboard. I want to get a custom one that says "Danielle" on the bottom with "Love as Thou Wilt" underneath. On the top I want to have a picture of me between the bindings with fairy wings photoshopped on (my friends find this hillarious). I want the whole board to be purple, black, and silver.

This weekend I am throwing a Valentine's party at my friend Ryan's house. I've already spent over $250 (just on decorations and candy) for this party so it had better be a blast. I was kind of irritated at my friends because Ryan and I decided to throw the party on Friday the 12th (I had a shoot on Sunday the 14th which I then had to move to Friday the 12th). But apparently Ryan was drunk and didn't even remember us talking about throwing a party in the first place. So he was pretty surprised when I sent him a Facebook event invite to a Valentine's party at his place on a night when he already had something planned. So we ended up moving the party to Saturday the 13th, but then of course I get b!tched at because that day didn't work for certain people (I'm not going to be planning any more events because this always seems to happen.) It sucks because there are quite a few people who aren't going to be in town that day/weekend, so it will probably end up being a smaller party. I'm pretty excited because one of the local DJ's will be playing at the party after he gets done mixing at whatever club he's working that night. I just hope that the cops don't get called for a noise complaint. We didn't get in trouble last time for the Christmas party but you never know.

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 02-10-2010 at 06:21 AM.