View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #394
Pin-Up Artist
Board Newbie

Maybe I didn't phrase it clearly, so I'll try again: first, this question is for Danielle. I'm sure she appreciates the support, & I'm not attacking or accusing her in any way. Just asking the question: has she thought about any consequences of doing nude modeling. How people will respond to her, will they see her as more of a sex-object & not be able to maintain professionalism, that type of thing.

I draw pin-ups & comics stuff--tasteful 50's Varga Girl-type pictures; nothing graphic. But I've lost out on other illustration work because I've had clients who found out after they'd contacted me that I've drawn naked girls & they didn't want any "feminist backlash". That's what I'm asking Danielle--is she worried that, down the road, there may be people who don't want to be associated with her because of her modeling. Does she think that, if a hospital or agency found out about this after they'd been ready to hire her, they might change their minds because it doesn't reflect well on their organization.

I know she's plenty smart & she can be anything she wants; I'm asking about outside forces that may work against her.

So, Danielle, what do you think?

(Moderator Note: Danielle will answer your question in due time. In the meantime, do not continue to repost your question because other members appear to be answering the question. This is an open forum message board and any member is allowed to post answers to questions. If you just want Danielle to respond use a private message.)
Pin-Up Artist is offline   Reply With Quote