View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Feb. 17, 2009
I just got my test score back for my Geology lecture...I passed! I only got a 79%, but thankfully we can drop our lowest score at the end of the semester. The teacher was chewing us out because almost everyone got the "what is plate tectonics" question wrong. Actually half the class didn't pass the test, and the highest score was a 91%, so I guess I did pretty good all in all. I noticed that the questions I missed were of topics from the week of school I missed back in January (Maui trip/shoot.) But hopefully I won't be missing school anymore...actually I can't miss school anymore because I "will be dropped from classes if I have more than 3 absences." I ended up dropping my self defense class...it was just kicking my ***. Especially doing that, my belly dance class twice a week and working out with my personal trainer three times a week. Just couldn't do it. Plus a lot of the exercises/joint manipulations were killing my elbow. So now I'm taking about five classes (geo, geo lab, math, belly dancing, and forensic pathology.) The forensic pathology class is pretty fun....it's self paced so I could potentially finish the class next month if I wanted to. Some of the pictures the teacher shows us in the Powerpoint presentations are pretty gruesome...but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I have yet to do the autopsy. The teacher said he does it once a month, so hopefully I will get invited before school ends. Unfortunately the problem with going to school is that I rarely have time to hang out with my friends. I actually haven't hung out with my friends in over a month. I can tell that they think I'm neglecting them...but they are all older and have been through college, so they have to understand what I'm going through. At least I'm getting to hang out with my sister and family more. I just met my future step dad's mother and sister. They are pretty nice...not as stuffy as I thought they were going to be. I was pretty quiet around them (because I'm fairly shy around new people) so hopefully they don't think I was being rude. I've finally finished editing all of my stuff for the site. FTV Rob had a HUGE pile-up of stuff that had to be edited. All in all we have 11 professional videos, 11 professional photo sets, 1 candid photo set, and 15 contributing sets. I guess it's nice that everything is edited...but now I don't know what to do with myself. I was doing the editing in my free time (it's actually fairly relaxing and pretty fun as long as I didn't over write stuff or delete important pictures .)