View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #853
RonTheLogician
In Love with Danielle

Thumbs up Wow! GREAT "sizzle reels"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
I've been dealing with a lot of family issues recently too which has taken up quite a bit of my time.
First, I hope this stuff gets sorted out soon, Dani. You sure have enough on your plate between your business in a rapidly changing industry and your challenging school work! You deserve a chance to live your OWN life, rather than being everybody else's "Fixit Queen", just because you've worked hard to become a success! Don't be too much of a pushover.

-----

I finally caught up with your video logs, binge-watching d509.wmv through d525.wmv yesterday, and I'd like to comment upon them.

The other year I encouraged you to do some things to make your video logs more interesting. When you showed no interest in adding a puppet or doll as a side-kick, I went on to ask that you weigh bringing Isis and LoveBug actively, rather than accidentally, into the act. And to make shoots less problematic and easily set anywhere, I suggested use of a cell phone camera. It seems my words were not in vain!

I can't begin to say how DELIGHTED I am with what you have been able to accomplish in d509.wmv and d510.wmv. Let me tell readers what you did. I guess you used your cellphone camera, GoPro camera, or both to shoot a series of short clips, seaming them into a pair of delightful quasi-montages. The results are both engaging and artistic, because of the wonderful variety and pacing of imagery, voicing, music and sound effects. They make for great "sizzle reels" for your business; kudos to you!

However, as it is not easy for teach Isis and Lovebug their scripted parts, let me propose that for simplicity you experiment with using the Amazon Echo, whose operation you have already demonstrated, as a sidekick. One can use common sense to guess when Echo might have something interesting or funny to say - and test same before shooting. Cover Echo with a doll body, perhaps a fairy (leaving the back open for good acoustics) - to give it a bit more personality. There are also many (varied) artistic representations of mythology's Echo, most available as online images. Someone like you fond of handicrafts could download, resize and print one of them, wrapping it around the gadget with minimal effort.

In Greek mythology, Echo was a particular type of Nymph, from which was coined the word "nymphomania." LOL, I wonder if it would hurt Echo's feelings by asking it: "Echo - are you some type of ancient slut?"

RonTheLogician is offline   Reply With Quote