View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #891
RonTheLogician
In Love with Danielle

Cool Virtual reality arcades in Phoenix

Hello Dani,

I have a backlog of stuff about which I want to write you, but can't find the time to do so for now. So I'm just writing this short note to give you a quick heads up concerning an opportunity you might well enjoy, and which could perhaps inspire your own work somehow.

I know I've written you about virtual reality (VR) technology before. And do I recall right that you even showed us a primitive VR headset the other year? Anyway, now quite a number of cities in the United States are opening one or more virtual reality arcades at which people can have VR experiences without the challenge of buying and setting up their own gear. This includes Phoenix, where I've identified two such arcades:

VR Junkies, website here, is part of a multiple-city operation with an arcade in Tempe, too. Their current price schedule looks like this:
5 min $5
10 min $10
30 min $25
60 min $45

VR phx, website here, is the other arcade in your home town. They offer not only games, but also virtual travel opportunities (and more), and boast a day-sensitive price schedule which someone in your line of work could exploit to great advantage. Most of the time, it looks like this:
30 min $15
60 min $25
120 min $40
But on "Wacky Wednesdays" you can play for an hour for only $10. And on "Unlimited Mondays" you can play one of two specific four and five hours slots for $25.

If you've never actually used VR before, be advised that some people develop motion sickness, sometimes after playing for only an hour or less.

VR and AR (augmented reality, e.g. Pokemon Go) almost certainly will become an essential element of our mediated world in not too many years, and this will include adult media, too. You owe it to yourself to become familiar with what is out there!

Merry Xmas,
RonTheLogician
RonTheLogician is offline   Reply With Quote