Thread: Tech Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #42
grande351
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Does anyone here use Nero to create DVD's???

I'm having a problem. I've, so far, burned two DVD's using Nero-Vision and they've turned out pretty good. I have since tried to burn another, the Danielle/Leslie update, which I had downloaded at 8000kb/sec. Even though they would be compressed to fit on one disc, I still thought the quality might be better. (besides, I'm saving the hi-res updates for when I get a Blu-ray burner and player, that's gonna be sweet!).
For now I can't see even the DVD version because I can't seem to get the damn thing to complete a burn. At some point during the "transcoding streams" portion, I get the dreaded "Nero-vision.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. At which point all I can do is close it and start over. A huge problem since it takes over THREE HOURS to complete the burn. It doesn't occur at the same point either. The first time it happened 25 minutes in, the second time was after it ran for 2.5 hours. What the heck is going on? I disabled Nero Scout because it was slowing my machine to a crawl. Could this have caused my issue? Nero doesn't respond to my e-mails and I was considering upgrading to the full version, but if this one doesn't work, I don't have much confidence in Nero 9 being better.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote