View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #43
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Jan. 28, 2009
We are in Maui and the weather SUCKS! We were supposed to shoot the "volcano" shoot that both Lia and Alison did when they were here, but it won't stop raining. Yesterday it also rained so we ended up doing a rain shoot, which I think is going to turn out really well. I had a next door neighbor that actually walked out on his balcony (which is in perfect view of mine) while I was completely naked. I had to scurry back inside (not sure if he saw or not though...how embarassing.) Then as soon as I was ready to start shooting again, a hotel worker passed by me (while I was naked) on his little golf cart. At least we got the rest of the shoot done without anybody else spying me...or else if they did I didn't notice.

So the internet connection sucks here. Rob was complaining non-stop for awhile there about it, but I think he is kind of happy now since he doesn't have to check emails for about a week (kind of gives him a small break.) The food is so freaking expensive here...actually everything is incredibly expensive here. I ordered a smoothie last night ($8) thinking it was going to be fairly large....what a joke! The smoothie was about half the size of a normal glass and I didn't even get to drink it. For some reason it ended up bursting in my hand (no I didn't get cut.) But I'm still managing to eat all right, just not drinking as much as I normally do, since drinks are 4 times what they normally cost.

We've already done three updates/shoots. One here at the hotel (it was kind of a random shoot, not really planned.) Another was the rain one, and the other was at the beach. It was so funny though...when we got there we were scoping out the location and the people around us, and there was this couple who were completely naked, just laying around sunbathing and swimming. Talk about being comfortable with public nudity. I mean, it was not a nude beach! and there were people walking around everywhere. I guess it made me feel a little more comfortable being naked (but not much.) Funny thing is I think people would've stared more at a naked woman and man, but not really, everyone just kind of took it in stride. Now when I got naked, boy was I getting stares...and I think a few laughs (but that was from these two larger females.)

So tomorrow, we will most likely be doing the volcano shoot. I'm hoping to do four more shoots before we have to leave on Saturday (including the two volcano shoots.) I'm also hoping to do a few candid videos. I feel kind of stupid, because I was planning on editing a lot of the stuff while I was here, but I completely forgot my USB cables for the cameras. The birds here are very pretty, but kind of aggressive. They kept on stealing peoples food when the people would walk away from the table. Some of the birds would even steal food when there were people sitting right at the table. My sister should be arriving in Phoenix either before I get back or a few days after. It should be quiet interesting because she is driving down with my grandpa and grandma, so my mom's house is going to be super full for a week. But it should be nice having my grandma around. My mom wants me to take her on a "girls day out" type of thing, so I will probably take her to get manis/pedis and lunch.

I've realized why I don't like going someplace and paying for my nails to get done. I got my nails done on Saturday, and they are already chipping and looking like crap. I can't stand when people don't do a good job, and especially when you are paying good money for it. My first webcam session will be this week on Friday at noon (12 PM) Arizona time (which is actually 9 AM Maui time.) Hope this doesn't confuse anyone.