View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #131
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Sept. 28, 2010
Nocturnal this year was a total bust. It almost makes me not want to go to Monster Massive in LA next month but unfortunately I kind of have to since I told my friends I would and agreed to dress up in my Final Fantasy Yuna Gunner costume that matches one of my friends costumes. So anyways Friday night it took me about 2 to 3 hours to do my homework which is pretty unusual. Thank gawd I didn't end up going out since I wouldn't have gotten my homework done until about 2 in the morning (Dallas invited me out to some fashion show party at a bar but I was not going to go since we had to be up early for the drive out to San Bernadino, CA.) I didn't even end up going to sleep until about 2 anyways since I was super excited...I ended up having to take a sleeping pill. I also woke up because I forgot to grab my ticket for Nocturnal which I grabbed and put on top of my purse. The drive there wasn't all that bad. Dallas and I ended up bickering a little bit but I think that's because we were just tired.

SB was sooo hot. I was not happy at all about going to the festival when it was still sunny outside and 106 degrees. The costume that I bought did not look good on me at all (I'm thinking it was the McDonalds Dallas and I ate that morning for breakfest...the only good thing about waking up early is McDonalds breakfest.) Thank gawd I brought other costumes with me (I brought them with me so my friend Alisha could wear one for the festival though she didn't wear any.) I ended up wearing the black dress that I wore for the second day of EDC last year. My hair was also not cooperating at all. I bought a bunch of Glowbys (they are light strings that you put in your hair) but I only ended up wearing one. My makeup was also not going on right probably because it was about 90 degrees in the hotel room and I kept sweating it off. So really nothing was going right for me at all. I was pretty tempted not to go to the festival at all and I figured that with all the things that were going on it God's way of telling me not to go. Now the real kicker was when I found out that I had left my ticket at home.

Unfortunately I ended up having to pay for a general admission ticket ($80) and then upgrade it to a VIP ticket (another $100) so altogether I ended up spending at least $315 just to get into Nocturnal. The line to get into the festival would have taken us about 1 1/2 to get through but thankfully my friend Rob was eavesdropping on someones conversation and found out that there was a line for out of state id's. At about 11 at night I ended up getting really, really sick. Searching for a taxi to take me back to the hotel was a pain in the butt. I kept on walking up and down the street because I couldn't find one...though I also couldn't see anything. The taxi driver did not know the address to my hotel so I had to call 411 to get the address (thank gawd my phone even worked since generally no calls go through at festivals like that.)

I woke up at about 6 the next morning and rode back with my friends Alisha and Cindy. I'm pretty happy that I woke up that early since Dallas was going with Rob to visit his family and I would have been stuck driving by myself (Alisha and all them ended up leaving around 7:30ish.) I think this is my last year going to Nocturnal. Last year was bad (I had a panic attack in the middle of a line to get on this carnival ride) and this year was almost as bad as last year.

I have dance class today...actually two of them. Today lessons are a Bollywood dance class and a stretching class. BTW, I didn't use any of the dance moves I learned in my private gogo dance lessons at Nocturnal. Honestly though there were some good things about Nocturnal...the music was fantastic! Probably the best I've ever heard.

Love Bug looks so cute right now and smells super good (she was getting kind of stinky since I couldn't bathe her because of her surgery.) I boarded her when I went out of town this last weekend. I absolutely love the place that I board her. They are so great with her. They even take pictures of the dogs playing around during doggie day care. I was kind of sad though because on the ride back home after I picked her up she seemed super depressed...though I did pull her out of day care so she probably just missed her new friends. She perked up though when we actually got home.

Oh and apparently I'm failing my English class. I'm sure it's a mistake though since last time I checked (which was about a week ago) I was making a B+...one point away from an A-. I'm still making an A in my math class though. I'm telling you for whatever reason my brain has switched from liking English and having a really hard time in math to having a really hard time in English and a super easy time in math (though to be honest I really don't have a "hard" time doing English...it's just kind of boring and slow.)

I'm going to try to start answering my private messages every Wednesday. I missed last week just because I was super busy. Remember tomorrow I have a webcam show at 3:00PM.

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 09-28-2010 at 08:05 PM.