View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #123
danielle_ftv
Administrator

July 13, 2010
I just banned my first forum member ever. I will absolutely not put up with racist remarks. People make me so mad sometimes. I don't understand why people would take their time to go on a website just to make racist remarks. I realize that everyone has their own beliefs and I respect that but there is a point were you are taking it too freaking far.

End rant...so right now I am totally enjoying my life. I'm in San Diego still. Not sure when I will be leaving to go back home, probably sometime this week. I still have yet to do a photoshoot so I've been hanging out with friends and working/editing. I also went to a bonsai class on Sunday morning. Tomorrow night I will be attending some business class on copyrighting. Should be interesting. I also attended a Rotary ceremony with my friend. I'm definitely interested in joining Rotary now and since I have enough free time for it I think it would be great to do so. I've only had a couple issues being here. One is that it's so loud here. My friends play music like all day/night long (at least they play good Electronic music which I totally love.) Also the next door neighbors are super loud and you can hear like everything they say. It's kind of weird for me since I'm so used to being by myself and the apartments that I live in are incredibly quiet. The other issue is the heat and humidity in the house. The apartment my friends live in is super old and has no air conditioning. I keep my apartment at about 65 degrees all the time so it's been kind of hard dealing with the heat. But when I get outside it's absolutely fabulous. I love how cold it is here....especially since it's summer.

I am not looking foward to the drive back home (it's a terribly boring 5 1/2 hour drive through the blandest desert landscape ever!) I ended up driving instead of flying because A) I needed my car to get around and B) I wanted LB with me but wasn't ready to fly with her yet. Plus I can stay how ever long I want to without having to constantly change my flight.

LB is doing fantastic here now. At first she was super skittish (she still kind of is.) She kept peeing and pooing in my friends house but hasn't done it for a couple days now which I am very happy about. Apparently my friends thought my dog was way older than 6 months. They told me that I treat her like an adult dog and not a puppy. But the books that I read stated that she should be trained by now hence why I treat her like she's older. I really want to take her to a doggie park so she can play with some other dogs. There is also a doggie beach park here too which I would absolutely love to see her play in. She's never been in the water so it should be interesting to see how she reacts to it.

EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival in LA) was absolutely fantastic this year. Definitely better than last year. Like last year we got VIP tickets (the only way to go since VIP is 21+ and the rest of the festival isn't). VIP was pretty cool but it definitely wasn't as awesome as last year. Last year they has photo booths, a hookah booth, a massage booth, an airbrush tattoo booth, and people walking around with candy. This year they cleared everything out and just put in a lot of seating areas (which is very much needed when you are running around in 6 inch moon boots.) Another one of the minuses is the bathroom set up for the females. They have tons of bathrooms for guys but only two trailer bathrooms for the girls. The dj's were amazing. I met some new friends all of whom live in San Diego. Dallas completely forgot her ticket like 10 minutes into the cab ride to EDC so we had to turn around to grab them...I'm surprised at the patience cab drivers have. The first night I dressed up as a mouse (Dallas dressed up as a slutty cat .) I got a ton of compliments on my costume which was very surprising since I thought Dallas would be the one getting all the compliments. I always think it's funny when I get VIP tickets since the main draw of VIP is the open bar (only vodka and beer though) and I don't usually drink that much. I got recognized in public by one of my fans too. I was so excited when he told me that he knew who I was. We ended up hanging out a bit and he also got to meet some of my friends. I was totally ready to after party (I think I had one of those 5 hour energy shots beforehand) but none of my friends wanted to since they wanted to be rested for the next night. Trying to get a cab that night was a huge pain. We ended up walking 2 miles and finally found one (though I had to pay $40 for a $10 cab ride...totally worth it though!).

The second day Dallas and I were supposed to get our makeup done by a professional makeup artist. She ended up being an hour and a half late because of traffic (the same traffic we got stuck in the day before.) Dallas is fairly inpatient so she ended up flaking out and decided to do her makeup herself. I loved getting my makeup done. Since we were going as bumblebees I got a black, yellow, and gold makeup makeover done. I got a ton of compliments on this costume too...but that could also be because my costume lit up. I met this really cool guy there who also lives in San Diego (we'll call him D). We ended up hanging out most of the night. My friends left me at EDC and went to Avalon. I was kind of irritated with them since the only person who told me they were all leaving was my friend Monty. It ended up being a good thing though since I got to hang out with D who also drove me back to the hotel (absolutely perfect since I did not want to have to through the whole cab fiasco again.) We also ended up going about 10 feet away from the main stage while Paul Van Dyk was playing. D had those Fukoku vibrating gloves (you might have seen them on one of Lia19's updates). Anyways he used those to get us up to the front of the stage by touching people. I absolutely loved the look on people's faces when we would touch them with the glove. At first they would be all startled like "WTF was that?!" then they would get this look on their face like "OMG more please!"...it was hillarious. They parted like Moses and the red sea. Trying to get to sleep that night was a huge pain. My next door neighbor was after partying and they were playing their music incredibly loud. At first I was like "heck yeah, I could sleep to this" until I realized that I actually can't sleep when there is any type of sound. I had to call security on them twice before they finally turned it off.

The flight back wasn't bad especially since I had Dallas with me. I've been doing a lot better when flying recently but I assumed that would happen since I've been flying a ton (Southwest luvs me!) We had a total pig out day when we got back to my house. I think it's hillarious when Dallas and I have days like that. She was running around my house in a t-shirt and no pants or underwear.

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 09-03-2010 at 07:44 AM.