View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #107
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Mar. 15, 2010
Today I shot two sets for my site. I did my Easter set (I think it turned out beautifully). It was shot in the pink room for those of y'all that are pink room fans. The other set was a public nudity set that I am quite proud of (I really do seem to be getting over my public nudity...shyness.) I was hoping to get one other set done but FTVRob had a lot of editing to do and has been shooting a lot lately so I didn't want to stress him out too much having to shoot me. Fortunately since I live close to him it isn't too hard to schedule shoots. He wanted to shoot me in the airplane hangar that he shot Lia 19 in (The Jetset Lifestyle and The Largest Photo Studio sets) but that was on Thursday when I had already left for San Francisco. It's a bummer too since I really loved that set of her and wanted to shoot there. It isn't often that we get a chance to shoot in locations like that so we definitely have to take advantage of it when we can.

San Francisco was fantastic. The flight there was "delayed" so my friends and I went to get something to eat. Thank gawd I checked the time when I did and got us out of there because the flight ended up actually being on time and everyone had boarded the plane. Unfortunately I wasn't able to sit with my friends since we boarded so late. I don't really like flying (though I'm not as scared of it as I used to be.) I wasn't feeling too good (actually I felt really bad...super nauseous) since I had drank the night before (and I didn't even have that much...only three glasses of champagne and some random shot Dallas got for us.) Being a lightweight sucks sometimes.

Thursday was pretty chill....we didn't do much that day and later ended up going out to eat at this Mexican restaurant (I love sangrias!). The "Nightlife" event at the California Academy of Sciences was a ton of fun. Unfortunately we didn't get there until pretty late and ended up only having an hour and a half to explore the museum. They had this live exhibit where you could watch a taxidermist stuffing an animal. A ground squirrel, mouse, and bird was being stuffed. I thought the mice were pretty funny because the museum had put little accessories on them like an neck ruff. It was also interesting to see because not only did you see the skin being stuffed but the rest of the animal's bodies where there too. It's not as bloody as I thought it would be. They had this interactive exhibit showing you how much carbon output you have. Unfortunately mine is very high with all the traveling I do.

On Friday I had my hour and forty-five minute long massage. It was absolutely fabulous. But instead of saying that I have no preference for a masseuse I should probably say that I prefer a woman (though I've noticed that when I get an attractive female masseuse then I end up thinking about happy endings and not the massage itself.) Trying to get back to my hotel was a pain. You would expect the guy at the front of Hilton hotel (not sure what they are called....they're the ones who open your door as you drive up and they also normally whistle the taxis over) to be more helpful and find a taxi for you, but nooo. I pretty much had to fend for myself. Since I live in Arizona and am not sure on how to hail taxis in a big city I just stood on the sidewalk like an idiot for like ten minutes just waving at all the cars. Finally this nice Chinese cabdriver took pity on me and dangerously cut off several cars to pick me up and whisk me off to my hotel. That night my friends and I went out to eat at this one wine bar/restaurant called First Crush. They had a fabulous wine menu (though I had the champagne flight) but the food way...eh. After that we went to this old timey bar called Rick House. They had the best drink ever called a Pleasant Evening. It tasted like Fresca and you really couldn't taste the alcohol in it (the best drinks are the ones were you can't taste alcohol...I hate the taste of alcohol.) We ended the night at Ruby Skye where Sasha was playing. There is a huge difference between the Phoenix nightlife and SF nightlife. In Phoenix people get super dressed up. In SF I saw a lot of girls dressed very casually and no makeup (that would not fly in AZ.) I think that the music was even different from what they would play in AZ. The club was okay....a lot older than the clubs in Scottsdale and honestly it was kind of stinky (had a weird smelly gym smell to it.)

Saturday we went to this awesome little tea house called Crown and Crumpet (I absolutely love tea houses....English afternoon tea is the best and I would do it everyday if I lived near a tea house.) From there we went to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 where I did a ton of shopping. We had lunch at some pizza joint about 10 minutes away (we met some of my friend's friends there) and then went back to Pier 39. I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day and ended up crashing out really early until Sunday morning.

On Sunday we went to Chinatown and had dim sum. I love the concept of dim sum (food trolleys being carted around and being able to pick and choose what you would like to eat), but I wasn't too fond of the food. I also did a lot of shopping there. I bought a whole Chinese costume to wear for a shoot. I bought a cheongsam in black with butterflies all over it and black floral shoes to go with it. I'm not going to tell you guys what I bought to use for the shoot...but you guys will like it for sure. The only problem with the dress is that one of the buttons won't stay closed, but it's around the bust area so it's understandable. I'll definitely have to take it to a seamstress to have that fixed before I shoot in it. I also bought this adorable little Chinese outfit and this hilarious dragon hat for my little nephew. I hope to gawd the outfit fits since I really am not sure what size he wears (I got him a size 1).

I absolutely love traveling, but it's tiring for sure. Dallas wanted us to go to Vegas or Mexico for Spring Break (which is this week) but honestly two trips a month is more than enough for me. Besides I will be in Vegas next month and the month after. Tomorrow I am going to see "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D. This will be my second 3D movie ever....the last one I went to see was when I was like 11 or 12. I found out that the apartment above me is a corporate apartment. If you don't know what a corporate apartment is, it's pretty much an alternative to a long-term hotel stay. Unfortunately for me that means that I can potentially have a new neighbor every month. I've already had a stomper and a devil child (a child that makes an incredible amount of noise at all hours of the day/night with parents that don't seem to know what a nuisance their child is to the rest of society.) I think there is a possibility I may have another devil child neighbor....I pray that it's not so.