View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #153
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
I face my biggest fear on Sunday afternoon, airports. I have volunteered to drive a friend to Heathrow airport to catch his flight Sunday afternoon. The only problem is i have a great fear of flying including airports ever since i was a child. I may sound like a wimp but aircraft scare the hell out of me especially low-flying planes. I have been to Heathrow before and i literally turned to jelly to the point that i have nearly passed out. I don't know why i fear craft and airports so much. I have tried the fear of flying courses at various stages of my life but to no avail. I have even boarded a plane on one pherapy course and just panicked and passed out. When i came round i actually felt embarressed but was assured i wasn't the first person to actually pass out on a stationary plane. So over the years i just avoided airports and now stupidly i volunteer to drive to one. My friend is a non-driver and it would cost him around £90 in fares to get there which i'd rather he didn't have to pay. He's a good friend of mine and i'll do anything for him. I haven't told him about my fear and i'm hoping he doesn't remember me saying anything about it in the years past. I'd value any opinions as to whether i should be driving him or not. I figured if i could drop him off close-by it would be ok. Just hope i can overcome the noise of the aircraft.
Phobias are real. My phobia is crowed indoor rooms. I break into a cold sweat and have a panic attack if I get stuck in one. Drive your friend as close as you can and maybe stop at a shop near the airport and let him take a taxi the rest of the way. He will still be out some money but at least is not $90.