View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #136
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Oct. 27, 2010
Well I was doing really well there updating my journal at least once a week. I guess things have just been pretty busy lately. Last time I updated my journal was on the 10th so since then I've gone to Octoberfest in Big Bear, shot in my Anne Boleyn costume and gone to Monster Massive in LA.

I'm probably not going to be going to Big Bear for Octoberfest again. We had to wake up pretty early to get to Big Bear by 3. The drive up there was scary. We were driving in my friend Mike's huge SUV and I couldn't stop thinking about how the vehicle was going to flip over (especially when we were driving up the mountain). I ended up having a full blown panic attack during the drive. The cabin we stayed in was absolutely gorgeous. Three stories, six bedroom. There was two pianos, a pool table and two jacuzzis. We had 11 people at the cabin this year. The first night was pretty crazy. I ended up drinking a whole bottle of port wine (which has a 20% alcohol content). At some point I was cuddling with a metal rooster (not sure why, but I was very attached to that rooster).

I was pretty much the first one to pass out both nights. The Octoberfest celebration itself was awesome. I swung for this Burgermeister package which included dinner, a beer, a beer stein (which I left at Dallas' and haven't picked up yet), and a little medalion necklace. They had a little petting zoo with farm animals that I went in. I got to pick up and cuddle the cutest little goat. I also got the girls to get their faces painted. The highlight of the night though was when I went riding on the mechanical bull. I've got to say I did pretty well. I got a video of it which I will put up sometime soon. Not sure how long I stayed on since they didn't have a timer but it was for a pretty long time. I ended up getting off because the rope was breaking open the skin on my finger (I didn't wear a glove). It's still not completely healed. We didn't stay too long at the festival mainly because everyone had been day drinking and were also worn out from the night before. Dallas and I ended up just snuggling together and watched episode after episode of Jersey Shore while everyone else continued partying. The drive home wasn't too much fun. I got in a huge fight (over politics) with my friend Mike's girlfriend Megan (she didn't even know what party Obama belonged to), so I switched places with one of my other friend, Tarna, who was driving with my friend Ryan (apparently they had also been fighting). I was definitely happy to finally get home that night...I missed my books.

My Anne Boleyn costume looks fantastic. It feels like the fabric on the shoulders is a tad loose but it still looks great. The jewelry (especially the tiara) is definitely my favorite part of the costume. I shot in it last week at FTVChris' place. I haven't yet got the photo/video from Rob so unfortunately that update is late. I'm hoping to get it tomorrow and put it up after I edit it. Wearing it on Saturday is going to be interesting. I think all of my friends are going to a block party in old town Scottsdale and the dress isn't really meant for that type of place. The hoop skirt makes the skirt flare out at least a foot around me. Thankfully it isn't stiff and should be able to fit through anything. I'm just also kind of scared about someone spilling something on me or accidently burning my dress with a cigarette. Some of my friends are talking about taking a trip to Las Vegas either Thursday night or Friday day and coming back on Saturday. I think it will be a ton of fun I just have to be back in time to get my hair and makeup done on Saturday (I'm probably going to have to reschedule my appointment for later in the evening). I bought a Princess Peach/Toadstool costume to go with my friend's Mario and Luigi costume. I'm really excited to get that though I think the skirt is super short. This is going to be Carter's first year trick or treating. He has the most adorable Monsters Inc. costume.

Monster Massive was soooo much fun and I definitely plan on doing it again next year. I barely got any sleep the night before since I was so excited. I was driving with my friends Alisha, Katie and Andrew (we took Andrew's car and he drove). We were supposed to leave at 9 so we could get to the hotel around 3ish but we didn't leave until 9:30 (and I even showed up at 8:30 so we could leave on time). We were all pretty tired on the drive out there but perked up as soon as we got to the hotel. It was pretty amusing to because everyone (Dallas and Rob, Jaqueline, Adrian, Garrett, and Linsday) also ended up showing up at the exact same time as we did...totally not planned. Alisha was supposed to wear a Rikku costume but her costume didn't come in time so Andrew was the only other person wearing a Final Fantasy costume (Tidus). He looked pretty funny in it too since he has dark hair and wore a bright yellow spiky wig. About 5 or 6 people knew who I was dressed as so that was pretty sweet. Surprisingly I ended up hanging out with Katie and her friends Ben, Rolando, and Ren more than I did the rest of the group (totally unusual since I normally don't venture away from Dallas). I talked to two guys dressed up as Harold and Kumar (from the second movie) about my job and FTVGirls. One of the guys actually just signed up on my forum to which is totally cool. What was great about MM was that there was the perfect amount of people there. It wasn't too crowded like the massives normally are. After MM we drove to Hollywood to hang out at Avalon for afterhours. When we got to the front of the line (a 20 minute wait...I even saw the bouncer get bribed so that they could get in faster, the first time I've ever seen that in real life) we found out it was $30 a person which none of us really wanted to pay so we went back to the boy's hotel room (a really creepy, hostel like hotel) where everyone else met us. Katie and all of us ended up falling asleep (I like a group that likes their sleep) until the rest of the group came to the hotel then Katie and all them took off for some other afterparty while the boys and I just slept. The next day Alisha, Katie, and Andrew were not in the most pleasant mood since they hadn't slept at all. I did not want to drive with a group of people that were grouchy and hadn't slept (which is probably a good thing since apparently Andrew and Alisha were fighting on the way home) so I drove with the boys which was surprisingly fun. We talked pretty much the whole way home and the drive felt way quicker than it normally does.

Tomorrow night I am going to the second annual pumpkin carving party my group has. This time we are having it at my friend Ryan's house. I kind of want to bring Love Bug since Ryan has a dog...but then again I don't want LB to get into anything (since we are carving the pumpkins on the floor there is going to be pumpkin seeds everywhere). Afterwards we are going to 910 Live. I'm not sure who is playing but they seem to get some pretty awesome dj's to perform. Apparently 910 is the new Cream where my group used to hang out on Wednesday nights to listen to EDM (electronic dance music).

BTW I made a new free picture section for webcam/cell phone pics. First one has been put up. PICTURE SET.

11:58 AM
One of my grandma's died. This is awful.

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 10-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.