View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #137
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Nov. 7, 2010
I was talking to my friend about their mourning style the other day. I always thought my mourning style was kind of abnormal. I've had three people that I know die (my dad, my ex-boyfriend, and my grandma). All three times I've mourned the same way. I tend to ignore the fact that someone has died. Well maybe ignore is the wrong word. Death doesn't seem to affect me that much. Maybe it's because I know they are going someplace better. To me death isn't so much the end since I know later on I will be seeing them again. I know that when my mom dies I will have a complete meltdown. I try not to think about death to much because honestly it scares me...to death...pardon the pun .

The Anne Boleyn costume did not get used this year (well at least for Halloween it didn't). I did go on a trip to Vegas with some of my guy friends (which was a little interesting since I was the only girl there.) We had a ton of fun and the guys were complete gentlemen. We stayed at the Stratosphere (the first and last time I stay there). We got in town at about 11 at night. As soon as we got ready we went out on the town. All of us (at least the people from AZ...we met up with friends from Texas) listen to EDM so we were on a mission to find a club that played EDM. I know that Rain in the Palms plays EDM (at least it did the times I've been there) so we went to the Palms. Unfortunately Rain was closed so we decided to go to Moon. I never noticed that the whole dance floor in Moon is open to the sky. It was pretty amazing. Also they have a whole outside area where you can see all of Las Vegas. The club was awesome...hardly any people there, but the music was awful (they were playing rap and hip/hop...and not even hip/hop that I will listen to). After Moon the group went to Drai's for after hours. After about an hour in Drai's my friend and I took off back for the hotel. The whole next day we slept until it got dark (there really isn't anything to do in Vegas during the day in my opinion). That night we dressed up in our costumes. The guys were supposed to be Mario and Luigi but unfortunately the costume website sent them matching Luigi costumes. I went as Princess Toadstool. I wasn't too happy about my costume since when I bought it I thought it covered my whole midsection. False advertising! The top was sooo small (it made my boobs look huge though). It only came down to my natural waist line (maybe a little below it) so I had a few inches of midsection showing. Honestly I don't really like showing a ton of skin in public...and that was a lot for me. I couldn't wear the petticoat underneath the skirt because then half my butt would show. I also couldn't figure out how to keep the tiara on my head (it was made out of fabric and probably needed to be connected to a headband). I was pretty uncomfortable in the costume to be perfectly honest and wasn't wanting to go out (I also didn't eat that day since I wanted to be as skinny as possible).

The camera pic is pretty blurry

We went to Tao in the Venetian. I think I've been there once before. I will not go there again. The place was sooo crowded. We stood in line for about 30 minutes just to get in. I was in there for about 5 minutes before I decided to leave. I do not like crowds. I don't like having to squeeze my way through hundreds of people. The only other time I've been that crowded was at Nocturnal '09 when I was waiting in line to get on that mechanical swing ride and I ended up having a panic attack. Luckily one of my guy friends wasn't too thrilled about all the people either so we decided to leave and go back to the hotel where we pigged out on room service and watched movies.

The next day (well night) I was supposed to go to the Ghost Ball at Axis/Radius with my friends but I ended up crashing out at 6PM and didn't wake up until the next day. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't wear my A.B. costume but then again I can always wear it next year. Sunday night I went to my parent's home. We were going to take my little nephew trick or treating (his first time doing that). He looked so cute in his little Monster's Inc. costume. He absolutely hated the hood though. It was my first year handing out candy to the little trick or treaters. I had to make a quick trip to buy more candy too since there were more trick or treaters than my mom originally thought there would be. I had a blast though handing out the candy. I saw the cutest little girl in the cutest costume. She must have been about 2 or 3 with little pigtails and glasses that magnified her eyes (that's probably similar to what my eyes used to look like when I was a little girl wearing glasses). She had on a ladybug outfit with these adorable little shoes that squeaked when she walked.

I can't figure out what time zone Arizona is in right now. I've looked it up and some sites say MST and other sites say it could be MST or PST. DST is annoying! I would hate to actually have to change the clocks for it (one of the many positive of living in AZ...no DST). I have a ton of clocks in the house and I am super anal about them being at the exact right time.

My doctor sucks btw. I think I am going to find a new one. It took forever for the doctor to get back to me and I think she probably would've taken even longer if I hadn't called them to ask about the results. So apparently everything looked fine. All the blood tests came back normal which I am very happy about.