View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #18
Rick_Jazz
Danielle Fan

Romantic 80's movie sex scene? Does that include John Cusack holding a boom box above his head later on in the film? Ha ha!

Well, I suppose "power ballads" have kind of fallen out of mainstream style in favor of more "folksy" or "emo" ballads with much simpler production parameters (read: one guitar/piano and one voice). But I say, if you're gonna write a song then write a SONG (lots and LOTS of layered instruments and vocals - there's no such word as "over-produced" in my book! lol)

In other (good) news, this is the first song I've written that I felt worthy of having copywritten for possible distribution (at the behest of friends who helped me with its final production - they all really liked the song and pushed me to do it). I guess I'll put it out there and see if anyone bites. Who knows? In this case an inspirational picture could be worth a thousand words (or several thousand dollars - but I digress). And I have you to thank, once again. <3

Well, thanks for taking the time to listen and for your feedback (and for being very sweet/kind in your response). It was really appreciated. I wish you much happiness/peace/success in 2018 and beyond.

Most sincerely yours,

Rich
Rick_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote