Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #181
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
I've read three threads so far that have some mention of food. You guys are so cruel to me....making me always think about food So I got my first tattoo removal done yesterday. It didn't take to long, only about 10 minutes. The front one didn't hurt that bad but the back one hurt really bad. I didn't have to get a numbing shot but they did ice it up for me. Next time I will be going in 30 minutes early so I can put numbing cream on it. But I'm pretty excited about the end results. It was pretty cool because when I was getting it done the tattoo was fading a lot, so I could kind of see what it was going to look like in a few sessions.
I've noticed that, re: food, too. I do most of my own cooking (I have to watch my diet). I don't use a microwave, preferring either copper-clad stainless steel or cast iron. I eat a lot of cereal & oatmeal, the foundation of my diet. Add into that bananas, apples, berries plus yogurt. I do eat some meat, but I'm picky about it. I'm always looking at the labels on dry goods (check out your favourite box of crackers, your favourite brand of chocolate syrup or your favourite brand of soda and see how close to the top "High Fructose Corn Syrup" comes--I try and avoid that, almost at all costs. Actually, sometimes I simply do without if its there. I loved sunflower seeds and nuts, but I have to avoid them now, and there are some other things I've had to leave behind. I have to be careful how much pizza I eat, especially if it has pepperoni or salami on it, I have to take care of how much broccoli, avocado, spinach, or artichoke I eat, and I love all of those (I love veggies). I eat fast food very rarely. When I was in grad school, though, and especially when working on my thesis, and taking a couple seminars and lecture courses at the same time, I lived on dollar menu items and 2 litres of cola a day. Moderation, as the Greeks used to say, is the key to everything.

And about your tattoos, Danielle, to be honest, I'm glad your getting rid of them. I get how they can have a meaning when you get them, but unlike a pierced nose, lip, navel, ear, &c., its a lot harder to undo what's been done with ink. I don't have anything against them, per se, especially when they do mean something to the person wearing one (I admire the Suicide Girls because of their individuality, tattoos, piercings and all). And I'd like to think that I look beyond the skin at the mind to see the real person, but I'm just not a big fan of tattoos. Then again, there are some that do look good, when in the "right place" (I mean the ankle on a woman). I feel a bit awkward here talking about this because I do have mixed feelings. Had I been acquainted with you when you got your tattoos, I'd have supported your choice as an individual because its how you feel about yourself that matters the most, and now that you're getting them removed, again I support your decision because I assume its what feels right for you right now. Did that even come close to making sense?
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote