Thread: Paranormalities
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I'be been reading & thinking about this topic a fair bit, weighing whether I believe some/all of it or not (I'm open-minded, and by & large I see validity in some areas, i.e., ghosts, more than others). But it dawned on me this morning that something I sometimes "experience" may fall into this category. I've done a lot of genealogy in the past 15 years, and there have been a number of times when I'll get this mental "nudge" to look here or there to chase down more information, or to look under another spelling of a surname, that sort of thing. This happened just a couple weeks ago when I got that nudge to break out the partial genealogy I'd started on someone back a decade ago which had just been gathering dust (the last time I'd tried anything on it was just a couple years ago when her father, a well-known obituary editor, passed away and I got to read his obit). Anyway, I got that nudge when I woke up in the AM, re-read the obit I'd collected years back, then noticed something in there that opened up a new path for me. Long story short, while I wasn't able to add anything on this person's father's side of her family, I was able with just that one nudge to build her mother's side from nothing into a genealogy that stretched back and linked up with my own family tree in places. I'd never even thought to look at her mother's side, really, but that's where the nudge led me. Does that count as some sort of precognition, or some sort of other worldly whisper in my ear from the other side, I dunno, but with seeing that moving shadow at night a few weeks back, with reading the deja vu comments and so on maybe there is something to those stories, more than maybe I wanted to give credence to. Then again, its also possible that my brain's been working at a very low level on this problem for the past decade and finally something swelled up from those depths and kicked it into a higher gear where I was conscious of it. I'd actually like to think it was a combination of both, though, to tell the truth.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote