View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #10
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstuff9 View Post
If you're a major carnivore like myself, don't just have a turkey but have a turducken!!!
Never had a turducken--I am, I have to say, amazed they fit together like that (must start with a very big turkey). When I was a kid in Colorado, we had huge feasts with friends, neighbors and distant cousins--in addition to turkey there was venison & pheasant (going over to their house you'd inevitably find a deer hanging in their garage and pheasants from the awning on their patio). Sometimes there'd be a roast beef or ham, too. Then there was fresh corn on the cob, asparagus collected from around the South Platte, green beans, sweet potatoes & mashed potatoes (sometimes baked or 2x baked), fresh made bread & fresh rolls, pumpkin, apple & mincemeat pies--the whole nine yards and then some. But like I said, these were big affairs feeding right around 20 people across two adult tables and 1 kids table, with everyone bringing something or spending the day helping in the kitchen before or cleaning up after (I still like cleaning up after--Leo di Caprio may be King of the World, but I'm the King of the Dishwasher!). Our day is much smaller now, with just my Mom, brother, sis-in-law and my 2 nieces, plus yours truly, and the meal is much simpler--this year its a big Tom, sweet & mashed tatties, green beans and I'm not sure what else. Anyway its the company you keep and the time you spend with your loved ones that matters most, isn't it?
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote