View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #23
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I see a lot of stupid things that stupid drivers do, but from a different angle it seems. I gave up my license a few years back rather than have another stroke or seizure and wind up plowing into a farmer's market full of old folks or through a crosswalk filled with kids. I walk most places now, so from the crosswalk pedestrian's viewpoint I know there are specific intersections where driver's just don't pay attention, and even when I have both the traffic light and the crosswalk light, I have a very good chance of coming close to getting hit (again) as I'm crossing the street. The morons do tend to be either older folks, or teens, either driving massive SUVs or pickups, or sports cars or coupes. Just earlier this week I was crossing this one intersection and a woman slid right through on the ice coming less than 3 feet from hitting me. Apparently she didn't understand that when it gets cold at night and warm during the day the snow melts and freezes making this thing called "ice" and that when this "ice" is on the road its a good thing to start slowing down well before you reach the intersection, even with anti-lock brakes and 4WD, not in the last 15 or so feet. At least no one got hurt that time ...
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote