Thread: First firing
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #31
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Thanks for the words Enigma2, TheDoctor. I do remember in my younger days on site work. Any differences were settled outside work, like you say TheDoctor. But you will always get them who can't hold it back til then. In the 80's it was quite common for fights to break out from time to time, mainly because there was all this macho **** around, like i'm faster than you, i'm stronger than you, or just plain bullying. Unfortunately i had quite a few fights, but managed to keep them outside working hours. I would say it was almost accepted by companies as long as it was dealt with outside the company. Workers were then ten a penny, so most sites had no problem in finding replacements, but of cause today with 2.5 million unemployed in this country, i guess that labour is now regretting his behaviour, i handed in my report of the incident to head office and i'm not expecting any come-backs, because as far as i'm concerned it's over and done with, because i did what i thought was right. I'm not going to argue with the first punch rule with head office because i know the answer.