View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #165
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

I'm off the hook, after last nights chat it was decided that it may not be a good idea for me to drive him to the airport. I think he was worried what could happen and i totally agree with him. So he rang around and has got a lift from another friend. I think this is the first time i've ever let a friend down and it doesn't feel good. Like lending my car to a friend awhile back i'm gonna have to think first before i open my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grande351 View Post
Hi Mart,
I hope this all works out well for you. You should definitely tell your friend so he'll be prepared. I've never heard of a flying phobia being so bad that you can't even go to the airport, let alone get on a plane! I'm not saying it's isn't true, BTW. I believe you 100%. These type of phobias are VERY real to the people who experience them. Have you ever considered trying hypnosis to get rid of it? I recall reading that there's been some success with it as a therapy.
I've given up trying to overcome my fear grande351 and i don't think i'd be too keen on being hypnotised.
I know it sounds crazy not even being able to go to an airport but i just get a great fear of a plane crashing down on me especially when i hear those loud engines. I know that sounds silly but to me it's a real fear. So i just avoid airports altogether i just should have never volunteered to drive my friend to one in the first place.