FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whoops BAD HAIR DAY (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257)

YetAnotherDave 11-09-2008 08:59 PM

Whoops BAD HAIR DAY

OK let my wife loose with the clippers today, normally have a #3 or #4.

Unfortunately she forgot to put the guide on so this is what happened

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o.../Hairtoday.jpg

As a result I am now cropped to a #1 until it grows back. I can imagine the laughing at work tomorrow. :(

I hope this gives folks a good laugh cos I can tell you my wife was freaking out at what she'd done, I was laughing mind: she thought I'd kill her. Mind she knows that I am planning revenge now:)

ugo 11-09-2008 09:07 PM

No, not to hurt your wife.:o
And if it were a fashion of that haircut? I don't see nothing strange.:)

Anoree 11-09-2008 09:12 PM

Just cut the other side as short and say "It's intentional!" :D

YetAnotherDave 11-09-2008 09:17 PM

Don't worry ugo, after 28 years I'd never hurt her. She's my precious.

@ Anoree: I did suggest that but at 50 you tend to look a bit stupid with a skinhead cut. Mind we have a charity bash in UK, Children In Need, on Friday and might get folks to sponsor me to cut a stripe in my hair at say £10 a go. :D

Anoree 11-09-2008 09:35 PM

I just ment a similar stripe on the other side of your head, to make it symmetrical.

That charity bash idea seems good to me. It turns a mishap into a good thing. Maybe your wife can live better with that?

But I don't have to walk around with the result ... (scnr)

DWM222 11-09-2008 09:51 PM

A good baseball cap can fix a bad haircut...LOL

tigger 11-09-2008 10:07 PM

When i had cancer i let sarah shave my head. Half of it fell out enny way so it didnt much matter. And afterward my wife came in to see me and saw it and kissed the top of my head. God rest her soul.

mart 11-10-2008 09:59 PM

What's the big deal Y.A.D?. I have mine clipped with the #1 all the time. I like it very short.:D

geolarson2 11-10-2008 10:13 PM

Normally my hair is shoulder-length. I don't care if its long or short, I just, apparently, have too much Swede & Scot in my (IOW, I'm cheap). But a few years ago, in '04, I had this cowlick that was driving me nuts, so I took out the scissors to get rid of it. So there I am, cowlick in hand, scissors poised, and wouldn't you know it, I have a brain fart for a sec or two and wind up taking a lot more off than I planned (I took a bit of the top of my ear, too). Well, there wasn't anything else to do, so I just had to start all over from scratch, cut it all off, shaved it and that was that--no use crying over spilled milk or anything like that, and when it came back in, I was pleased to see I had just that much more white on my temples than before. Gotta look for that silver lining, dontcha?

YetAnotherDave 11-11-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 3852)
What's the big deal Y.A.D?. I have mine clipped with the #1 all the time. I like it very short.:D

Was't the #1 so much it was the #0 stripe. Actually it was so bad at work it's just so-o-o much shorter than I normally wear it. Mind makes the bald patches not quite so obvious :)

mart 11-11-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YetAnotherDave (Post 3904)
Was't the #1 so much it was the #0 stripe. Actually it was so bad at work it's just so-o-o much shorter than I normally wear it. Mind makes the bald patches not quite so obvious :)

I just think hair cut by the #1 looks smart. Just try to avoid #0 cut next time Y.A.D! lol. If there is a next time lol. It does take a bit of getting used to. I work in a sawmill so it's also good for safety. With no hair that could get caught in the machinery. I have a few lads with longish hair who have to tie it back for safety reasons.:)