FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Local Weather (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166)

DWM222 12-14-2008 04:04 PM

It appears winter has arrived along the Colorado Front Range...have about 6" of snow & still coming down & about 2 degrees...brrrrrr
Went out this morning & my little car was dragging bottom on some of the roads. Guess I'll have to get out the "Gas Hog" pickup for a while if I want to go cruising...LOL

shink1m 12-17-2008 09:04 AM

Cold non-snowing Christmas weather here in the Philippines ^_^

Geezer 12-25-2008 04:25 PM

San Jose on Xmas Day

Holy Crap! The wind here in San Jose CA on Christmas Day, is like a typhoon! It's bending trees over and pelting everything with rain drops. The power remains on but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes out in some parts of town if the wind continues.:eek:

Anoree 12-26-2008 08:54 PM

It's dark outside, at 10:52 PM, and we've got -2 °C (28 °F).

MISSY 01-10-2009 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We are stuck for the day up here in PA. expecting 8-10 in of snow. We drove for a little while but the roads were too bad. Here is a photo from the dash cam on the truck of a truck that jackknifed on a hill.

MISSY 01-10-2009 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Marcy took this one with her camera out the window.

MISSY 01-10-2009 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nasty weather to drive in.

eastbill 01-10-2009 10:30 PM

nasty looking weather

we got snow here too. hoping it does not get much worse.

mart 02-02-2009 09:17 AM

Snow has just arrived in Kent:eek: and my car drives like a toboggan lol. I left my house at 7:30am and have already seen a car plough into a parked car but no real damage was done as he was crawling. Just a slight scrape down the side lol. So the mill is closed for awhile as the main workers can't get into work. Just amazed how the ice has formed already on the roads.

tigger 02-03-2009 12:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWM222 02-03-2009 01:19 AM

Mart...doesn't everyone in the UK have a SUV like us..LOL. Been reading about the mess over there, bummer man.

Tigger...Love the sign:)

laranger 02-03-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 7974)
yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigger, is that where you are??

tigger 02-03-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laranger (Post 7977)
tigger, is that where you are??

a friend sent me that piture!

CK1 02-03-2009 12:21 PM

and i was complaining that its going to dip into the 30s at night here in florida.... i will keep my trap shut after seeing that pictures.

mart 02-03-2009 06:31 PM

Nice sign Tigger but it's not the cold that's the problem. It's the bloody ice on the roads but at least i managed to get to work today. Average speed 20 mph once i got on the main road it nearly went up to 35 mph lol.:D

mart 02-03-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWM222 (Post 7975)
Mart...doesn't everyone in the UK have a SUV like us..LOL. Been reading about the mess over there, bummer man.

Tigger...Love the sign:)

At the moment my roads are pure ice can your SUV handle ice?.:D

DWM222 02-03-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 8016)
At the moment my roads are pure ice can your SUV handle ice?.:D

Why sure...I keep my 4WD pickup loaded with my tools (carpenter) which helps with traction...& my AWD car hugs a slick road like it has claws LOL.
(They make pretty good cars in Sweden)
That coupled with the fact that I only go out on nice days helps. :)

Seth 02-03-2009 09:59 PM

its started to snow in holland today too. and its bloody freezing!

tigger 02-03-2009 11:48 PM

we just shut down in KY. It is snowing like crazy. I picked up a snow ball and hit my boss in the butt with it. well i dont think ill try that again. by the time she got done with me i had snow in places i rilly didnt want it. i didnt know she could run that fast. lol

DWM222 02-04-2009 03:40 AM

Snow everywhere except here in Colorado. Gonna be in the 60's for a while...Sweet:)

laranger 02-04-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWM222 (Post 8047)
Snow everywhere except here in Colorado. Gonna be in the 60's for a while...Sweet:)

That's why we live here.

DWM222 02-04-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laranger (Post 8049)
That's why we live here.

So true..I like it (most of the time)

mart 02-05-2009 06:47 PM

30 minutes late for work this morning. All because the woman in front of me had her hazzards lights on and going around 10 mph. This was on the main road which wasn't too bad. I couldn't overtake due oncoming traffic cars behind tooting me. Well i was expecting her to pullover thinking there's something wrong with the car. But she carried on for about 2 miles so when we got to the lights. I quickly jumped out to ask her if she knew her hazzards were on. She said "Yes their on because it's snowing, my husband told me to put them on and to drive nice and slowly" at that point i had to restrain myself from laughing. So i adviced to her to keep the hazzards off and assured her it would be ok if she drives around 30 mph. What her husband must be like behind a wheel. I would rather not know.:D

geolarson2 03-02-2009 08:40 PM

Cold & wet, with more cold & wet to follow for the next few days. On the plus side, at least I'm not living back east. I understand my grandparents who live in Upstate NY are snowed in. Still, we could use a little more snow here, as Tahoe is down quite a bit and the lake is filled solely by the snow-pack.

tigger 03-02-2009 11:04 PM

I had quite a day due to the weather. got stuck in the motel parking lot, was able to get it out. almost got stuck at the whs. got down thru fredricsberg va. the roads were crap. got to richmond va. backed into the dock to deliver. and couldent get out a nother truck tryed to pull me out and he got stuck. called a wrecker. he pulled us bolth out. while he was pulling me out a kid in a 4x4 was out in the main parking lot horseing around jumping piles of snow and we her a crash, he had hit a 3ft high steel pole that was in one of the snow piles, riped the front axl right out from under his truck. jeromy got on the radio and said " here's your sign" we all got a giggle from that. oh what a day.

WhyYou 03-03-2009 09:17 AM

We always have such weird weather here. It's been frigid the past few days and we've had some snow. Not a lot of snow but enough to cover the ground. It hasn't melted yet. Today it's supposed to be in the upper 40's. Tomorrow it's supposed to get as high as 64 F and 46 F at night. Thursday and Friday it's supposed to be in the mid 70's with nighttime temps in the high 40's. So it will seem like summer weather by the end of this week. Next week the forcast is for high 60's but I'm sure that will change. I wonder if we'll have a spring this year? LOL! :D

geolarson2 03-20-2009 08:08 PM

Its the spring equinox today! As soon as just a couple weeks ago we got some snow here in the Truckee Meadows, not much and it burned off quickly, but still. And over the course of the past few days the windows and doors have been wide open airing the place out. I turned the furnace down days ago, although I hadn't heard a peep from it for a couple weeks (not since that last snow). Anyway, I took my Mom's puppy (standard chihuahua) out for a short walk, bugs are flying, birds are twittering (huh, I didn't even know they were computer savvy!), the grass is greening up, and I saw a couple little flowers (aka dandelions) emerging. Nice time of year, nice weather ...maybe that's why I couldn't sleep--too nice a day to waste? I can say this--the sunrise over the Huffaker Range was quite lovely. So, anyway, take a moment folks and stop and smell the roses because Spring's here!

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the small quake we had here the other day--small enough not to disturb me much (unlike the swarms we had last year this time--but that's what happens when you live on top of a magma chamber!)

Geezer 03-21-2009 04:19 AM

Friday - March 20

I was out and about wearing a T-Shirt and shorts. First day of 2009 I felt comfortable wearing so little. Must be SPRING!:cool:

geolarson2 03-21-2009 04:46 PM

Yesterday, all bright and sunny first day of spring. As Geezer said, short-wearing weather. Today, winter storm warning for the Tahoe area lasting through tomorrow. C'est la vie--is it cool to wear long johns under my shorts? jk:)

geolarson2 03-22-2009 04:01 PM

And today we have snow on the ground ...much as I love the Sierra Nevada when they live up to their name ("snow-capped"), I was enjoying the warmth--now the furnace is back on, the windows shuttered (so to speak) and the doors all closed again. Oh, well, there's an old saying I remember from Colorado that goes something like, "if you don't like the weather now, close your eyes, count to ten, and check again." Nope, still 34F outside--maybe I'll try again tomorrow ;)

j.d.eeViant 03-25-2009 09:08 PM

Thought this was about my local weather girl :D

anyway, its hot and sunny!

DWM222 03-26-2009 04:41 PM

Blizzard day in Northern CO...Can't see the neighbors house but on the bright side...he can't see mine either:)

geolarson2 04-03-2009 02:42 PM

Yesterday AM, I was doing the laundry in my shorts. Yesterday PM, clouds began rolling in & a chilly wind began to blow. This AM, snow. Now where did I put my warm clothes again? Rats!

tigger 04-04-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geolarson2 (Post 9929)
Yesterday AM, I was doing the laundry in my shorts. Yesterday PM, clouds began rolling in & a chilly wind began to blow. This AM, snow. Now where did I put my warm clothes again? Rats!

Just curl up with a photo of Danielle that will keep you warm for a bit! :p

geolarson2 04-04-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 9965)
Just curl up with a photo of Danielle that will keep you warm for a bit! :p

rrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Who the heck left this whopping big cat in here? Now let me just get back and listen to the sweet sound Ms D's voice ...

BTW, its still cold out, but the snow melted off. Sucky as the weather was, the Sierra's look so gorgeous dressed up in white!

(PS: Ha ha fooled ya! There isn't really a cat here--it was me :D. Oh, you already knew ...harumph!)

FTVfanatic 04-19-2009 01:56 PM

Actually the current weather is very nice, at least by Northern European standards.

Today, on the 19th of April it's partly cloudy and highs at 37 degrees Fahrenheit. I can smell spring in the air. :rolleyes:

Last night the low was at 23 degrees Fahrenheit.

The only place in the U.S.A. to experience a climate like this is in the State of Alaska.

geolarson2 04-19-2009 02:19 PM

It snowed here on Easter, but was nice, warm & sunny here yesterday--left the window open last night, wearing shorts, grass is already green ('cept where the dogs pee). Lovely!

FTVfanatic 04-19-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geolarson2 (Post 10570)
...left the window open last night, wearing shorts, grass is already green ('cept where the dogs pee). Lovely!

Thanks for making my misery even worse!

Just kidding. We shall be at those warm temperatures in June and July. And what we lack in temperatures we gain in long duration of daylight. Close to Arctic Circle, It's light 24 hours a day on the June Solstice. :eek:

Currently the sun rises at 5.50 am and sets after 9 pm, so it's over 15 hours of daylight. And the duration of day gets longer at a rate of over 5 minutes a day...

And again, the only place in the U.S.A. to have a taste of the same (white night during summer) would be in Alaska. That's only due to latitudinal location.

Anoree 04-19-2009 04:53 PM

It's been a lovely, sunny weekend here in Northern Germany.
We currently have sunshine and about 17 °C (62 °F) at 06:45 PM.

I'd say spring is in full blow here already.

geolarson2 04-19-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTVfanatic (Post 10576)
Thanks for making my misery even worse!

Just kidding. We shall be at those warm temperatures in June and July. And what we lack in temperatures we gain in long duration of daylight. Close to Arctic Circle, It's light 24 hours a day on the June Solstice. :eek:

Currently the sun rises at 5.50 am and sets after 9 pm, so it's over 15 hours of daylight. And the duration of day gets longer at a rate of over 5 minutes a day...

And again, the only place in the U.S.A. to have a taste of the same (white night during summer) would be in Alaska. That's only due to latitudinal location.

Just wait ...when your temperatures are nice, mine will be between 100-110F. Then I'll be the envious one! lol ...sob:(