FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Virus warnings in PMs (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161)

Anoree 02-09-2010 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielle_ftv (Post 20110)
This is absolutely ridiculous. I've talked to a member that has told me he's gotten four "virus warnings" so far. I am really getting irritated at these idiots. It's almost like they are trying to sabotoge my website.

I think I got five already, but I didn't even bother to forward the last ones to WhyYou or Laranger. I deleted them right away.

I don't think the intention is to sabotage the forum or your website, but rather to earn some money with it. (Which is bad enough.)

Perhaps you should see it this way: The forum is attractive enough to draw those spammers here. ;)

TheDoctor 02-09-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoree (Post 20113)
I think I got five already, but I didn't even bother to forward the last ones to WhyYou or Laranger. I deleted them right away.

I don't think the intention is to sabotage the forum or your website, but rather to earn some money with it. (Which is bad enough.)

Perhaps you should see it this way: The forum is attractive enough to draw those spammers here. ;)

Great minds think alike, herr;). I, for one, stopped counting after the 7th "warning".

Geezer 02-09-2010 05:00 PM

Now the "spam ads" are changing. Instead of ones for antivirus software, today I got one for an "online pharmacy." When will these damned spam hits stop?

WhyYou 02-09-2010 05:05 PM

The newest is from AdministrationTeam. One way to tell is a message is not from the administration is to look at the status for that member. If it says "Just Visiting" then that person is NOT an administrator here. All the Moderators and Administrators have either "Admin" or Administrator" for their status.

This is also the same person that has been sending the virus warning PMs. Do Not send a read receipt! Just delete the message without reading it. If you do open the message and a read receipt window pops up, hit the "No" or "Cancel" button.

WhyYou 02-09-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 20126)
Now the "spam ads" are changing. Instead of ones for antivirus software, today I got one for an "online pharmacy." When will these damned spam hits stop?

Any improvements to control these spam PMs will have to be done by Rob because he is the owner of the message board and he purchased the license. We all know how busy he is keeping FTVGirls going. Just bear with it and be patient, he is aware that there are methods to control these problems. He will get it done as soon as he can.

Rey C. 02-10-2010 04:27 AM

One board I've been on for awhile has a minimum post count of 5 before a person (or bot) can send a PM. Just throwing that out there.

mart 02-10-2010 06:27 PM

Am i right in thinking that should i get one, it would be perfectly safe just to delete it WhyYou?.

WhyYou 02-10-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 20160)
Am i right in thinking that should i get one, it would be perfectly safe just to delete it WhyYou?.

In one word...Yes!

WhyYou 02-10-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey C. (Post 20147)
One board I've been on for awhile has a minimum post count of 5 before a person (or bot) can send a PM. Just throwing that out there.

A set up such as this is set up by the license holder. Our message board has not been set up to work that way. In order for this message board to work in a similar manner, Rob will have to set it up for us. As I stated previously, we all know that Rob is swamped with work just keeping FTVGirls running. He is aware about what needs to be done and he will get to it as soon as he is able. Until this is accomplished, be patient and if need be just report any PM spam to laranger or me and we will take care of the problems.

MISSY 02-10-2010 09:58 PM

He should have eletrodes clamped to his nuts till they are hardboiled.:eek: I got 3 more of them!:mad:

tigger 02-10-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISSY (Post 20176)
He should have eletrodes clamped to his nuts till they are hardboiled.:eek: I got 3 more of them!:mad:

I think someone is on the rag!:D

laranger 02-10-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 20178)
I think someone is on the rag!:D

Oh-oh!!!..

DWM222 02-10-2010 11:43 PM

She does seem a bit "Testy"..lol:)

mart 02-11-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISSY (Post 20176)

Damn good idea though.:eek::D

sarah 02-15-2010 08:25 AM

A few word for Mr. Admin&Moderator (banned)

Dear Mr. Admin&Moderator (banned),

I have received your messages and the link attached with it.
But it seemed that this one was a worm, a Trojan, o some dirty kind of beast.

It would enter my computer and read my love letters, my hopes, my grieves.
What would have done this little worm, with my joy, my sorrow and my dreams ?

Well, dear Admin&Moderator (banned), he would have met essentially rational, real and complex numbers, as the strange primes and the amicable one. (So maybe, little worm would have made some friends here and made a comfortable room for himself)

Dear friend, let me give you this rose, for you have done no harm.

http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/74820141/283160

But Beware jealous worms for they may find her,
And The Songs of Experience may whistle in your mind:

O Rose, thou art sick!
The Invisible worm,
That flies in the night,
In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
Of Crimson joy;
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.

Raymond 02-15-2010 09:09 AM

WTF???

Seriously, you have way too much time on your hands.

Anoree 02-15-2010 11:10 AM

It's like the e-mails you receive at home:
Don't click on every link some stranger may send you. They're potentially harmfull.
Better delete those mails or PMs right away.

The whole case about this PMs is discussed in length in this thread.

ugo 02-15-2010 12:57 PM

FRIEND SARAH,
let's not give weight and importance to those it letter by psychopathic people.

ugo 02-15-2010 04:37 PM

ATTENTION !!

There are messages private create from adminmoderator !!!

WhyYou 02-15-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugo (Post 20388)
ATTENTION !!

There are messages private create from adminmoderator !!!

We do not have anybody that is titled "Admin&Moderator" or "AdminModerator" who is part of this forum's Administration or Moderators team. These two nicknames have just been used for sending PM spam. Both have been banned from the message board...permanently! If anybody receives PMs from these members, just delete the PMs.

The REAL Moderators and Administrators for this message board do not use these words for their nicknames. Always look below the nicknames for the status of the member. If the status does not say "Admin" , "Administrator" , or "Moderator" then that person using that nickname is not an administrator or a moderator here.

ugo 02-15-2010 05:42 PM

Not you , FRIEND WhyYou ( Or Other ).
I know real that other "imaginary registered" with your "Admin" or " Moderator".
I wanted only understand you members no open link it.

Robertoverde 02-15-2010 11:37 PM

I usually don't check my PMs, mainly because I don't get one. But I had 15 from the first of the year, and 14 of them were all about how I have a virus and I'm going to be banned if I don't run virus program that is infecting the site. Now I know I'm not the best, but I knew that was bogus. So I come here and of course there's a thread for this. I deleted them all.

My first clue was that AdmistratorModerator was "banned" :)

T-bone Thomas 02-16-2010 09:53 PM

I can't wait to get a first pm from our new member ModerAdmin. Will it be an impotant message telling me my computer got infected by a virus again? Oh, I just can't wait to read it and follow his instructions. So please please spam me ModerAdmin.

WhyYou 02-17-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-bone Thomas (Post 20471)
I can't wait to get a first pm from our new member ModerAdmin. Will it be an impotant message telling me my computer got infected by a virus again? Oh, I just can't wait to read it and follow his instructions. So please please spam me ModerAdmin.

He's been banned.

I caught one earlier today (the same person using a different nickname) and banned him while he was modifying his avatar. He never got a chance to send any PMs.

tigger 02-17-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-bone Thomas (Post 20471)

Maby he will tell ya your girl friend is pregnet! lol

TheDoctor 02-18-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 20511)
Maby he will tell ya your girl friend is pregnet! lol

Mine actually is. LOL.

Geezer 02-18-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoctor (Post 20532)
Mini actually is. LOL.

What the heck does THIS have to do with Viruses?:eek:

titsrock 02-18-2010 11:48 PM

Is this clown a bitter ex-member? I got 3 of them a couple of days ago...:mad:

MISSY 02-19-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titsrock (Post 20551)
Is this clown a bitter ex-member? I got 3 of them a couple of days ago...:mad:

He is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhyYou 02-22-2010 10:37 PM

Message to Geezer

Your Visitor Messages seem to be turned off so I cannot reply to the message that you left me.

I don't know why this is happening to you. It may have something to do with what IP you are using at the time. It may be just a basic forum program glitch and will most likely fix itself the same way it did last time.

Dibhildelfbof 03-05-2010 08:48 AM

Virus warnings in PMs

Same thing. More than that
If you google securtytool2010 youll find that this is a virus itself.
BoardSupport is a virus distribution spammer with 0 messages on forum yet able to send private messages. I recommend making a minimum of 10-20 messages before being able to send PMs. This should help.

WhyYou 03-05-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dibhildelfbof (Post 21160)
Same thing. More than that
If you google securtytool2010 youll find that this is a virus itself.
BoardSupport is a virus distribution spammer with 0 messages on forum yet able to send private messages. I recommend making a minimum of 10-20 messages before being able to send PMs. This should help.

At this time, the option to restrict new members has not been set up. In the future this type of option(s) will be added to the programming of this message board.

WhyYou 03-05-2010 07:12 PM

StopSpam Organization

I have Googled this and found no such organization. What I did find was several other message boards getting the exact same PM spam.

Any PMs received about Administrators of danielleftv.com reporting members from this message board to the StopSpam Organization are just spam and need to be deleted.

WhyYou 03-26-2010 09:35 AM

New PM Moderation

Due to the recent rash of PM spam that has been troubling this message board, a new members restriction has been set up. From now on all new members will have to make a certain number of posts before they will be able to send any private messages. The number of posts is more than 10 but at this time I do not want to reveal the exact number. Please let me know if this causes any problems for current members. Also, be aware of this restriction when giving advice to new members.

CK1 03-26-2010 11:09 AM

does that count reset since you changed the restriction? because i had posted several hundred times and now do not have access to my PMs.... ha! i said pms... anyway, just want to know. thanks.

WhyYou 03-26-2010 12:11 PM

That's what I needed to know. I will fix that problem right away.

WhyYou 03-26-2010 01:01 PM

To all who experience trouble accessing PMs:

I am working on this problem. This will be fixed today. I cannot yet give you any time frame so just be patient.

WhyYou 03-26-2010 01:51 PM

Usergroups have been modified to the effect of the following:

All members who have 25 posts or more will be automatically moved into the new usergroup the next time that they post. This new usergroup has the ability to not be moderated (however the Moderators will still watch what you post so be sure to follow the rules) and the usergroup will be able to send PMs, etc without trouble. All members who have less than 25 posts will be restricted. Posts will be moderated as well as picture comments, visitor messages, and some other things that have slipped my mind right now (it's been a long night). Also, those members that have less than 25 posts will not have access to PMs in any way. So everybody get to posting a lot...lol! :D

FTVfanatic 03-26-2010 06:07 PM

Sounds good to me!

These changes will help slow down the spam artists. Good stuff, admins.

J2K 03-26-2010 09:59 PM

If the spam PM problem is solved, will we be able to send private messages regardless of how many posts we write?