FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > LeoRex
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Conversation Between LeoRex and geolarson2
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 42
  1. LeoRex
    12-30-2008 11:02 PM
    LeoRex
    Hi Geo - the Time Crash video with Tennant and Davidson is on the Season 4 box set DVD - however, if you go to Youtube and search "Doctor Who Time Crash" it will come right up - a few versions are there - watch the one with the title Doctor Who - Time Crash - 2007 Children in need - that is the full version. Let me know what you think. It is absolutely classic, and it is great to see Davidson back in the role even for only 8 mins. I only wish they could find a place for Tom Baker in the new series even if it is a brief cameo - oh well, one can dream. Thanks for the info on who is going to be the new Dr. - any word on who the new companion may be for Season 5. I would make this longer but I see that Rob posted the D and Leslie sets early on FTV and I just finished downloading them - so, it is time for me to go watch. If I am not on line tomorrow - let me take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year!!
  2. geolarson2
    12-25-2008 06:35 AM
    geolarson2
    Hey there, LeoRex! A very Merry Christmas to you, too. Personally, I put the demise of Dr. ? down to a combination of the head fof the BBC at the time (Lord somebody--I forget who exactly), and John Nathan Turner. Yeah, Colin got dissed more than he should, but there were some good eps there (I seem to recall one with a certain Davros & the Daleks that featured Alexei Sayle), but Melanie was not a good character. I liked Ace a whole lot better! Back when I was about 10 they started showing the Doc on KRMA in Denver which is where I started watching him. That was I think the 1st or 2nd season with Lalla Ward as Romana (Lalla's father, BTW, was Viscount Bangor; her half-bro is the Viscount now). When we moved to Calif. when I was 14 I was denied the doctor, so after Davison, I missed out until Colin Baker & Sylvester McCoy's episodes came out on VHS, which is when I caught up. I did not know that Tennant and Moffett were paramours now (gad dang lucky ...!). Did you know that when she played Mme de Pompadour opposite Tennant a couple years back, before Moonlight, Sophia Myles was his girlfriend? Again, gad dang lucky ...! Okay, how about this--Tennant's father, Rev. Alexander "Sandy" Macdonald was Moderator of the Church of Scotland (aka Presbyterian Church)? Yeah, you probably did. But I didn't see that Tennant-Davison part. Was it on DVD? I don't recall it on SciFi or BBC America. Speaking of those Dr. ? Xmas specials, there should be one airing now in the UK, (I just looked it up--it will air in just "a couple" hours in the UK with an apparent foreshadowing of the next doctor! I'll have to email a relative in London to see if he watched & get any impressions, but no details!). I did look up whose playing the second doctor, and its David Morrissey who co-stared, oddly (?) with Tennant in Viva Blackpool a couple years' back. Well, its getting late for me (must be very late for you!), so I'll chat atcha later--
  3. LeoRex
    12-25-2008 05:52 AM
    LeoRex
    Hi Geo - yep, heard that Georgia Moffett was Peter Davidson's daughter - did you hear that she was also David Tennant's significant other at present - quite the lucky bloke I would say Definately hope that they bring her back for Season 5 she was absolutely charming of course drop dead gorgeous. By the way - did you see the minisode called "Time Crash" with Tennat and Peter Davidson - it is a bridge between the 3rd and 4th season and takes place in the few minutes before the Tardis crashes into the Titanic where the Tardis becomes caught in a time vortex (don't you just love those handy plot devices) and the two doctors come together - some very witty repartee between the two, and it was great to see Davidson back in the role - just made me remember the good old days of the high point of the original series.

Didn't recognize that as Nigel Terry - I am going to have to pull the DVD out and watch that one again - The Lion in Winter is one of my all time favorite films of all time - one of the rare timea that so much talent came together with a script that was worthy of them. In addition Nigel also played the nominal bad guy in Robocop 3 - yes, I know - the less said about that disaster the better, huh.

And I remember way back when I sort of dissed Colin Baker as the cause for the demise of the original series - well, now that I have purchased the box set of the "Trial of a Time Lord" season and saw all of the behind the scenes documentaries of all of the shennagins at the BBC I do have to say that I do have to apologize to Colin - from what I can see he was pretty much treated quite shabbily by the BBC and in watching Trial of a Time Lord again along with some of the other Colin Baker stories - he was a pretty decent doctor - although I still hate the outfit though, and his second companion Melanie - oh so annoying - so glad they got her out of there quickly when Sylvester McCoy came on board.

Yep, as I am not a big New Years type of guy - I will probably be right here waiting for the Leslie and D update and hopefully will be the first to comment.

Here's wishing you a very happy and Merry Christmas!!
  4. geolarson2
    12-22-2008 12:42 AM
    geolarson2
    BTW, and you may already know this, but the young woman who guest starred as Jenny in The Doctor's Daughter, Georgia Moffett, really is the Doctor's daughter. Her dad is Peter Davison (Moffett), the 5th Doctor, and her mother is American actress Sandra Searles Dickinson who played Trillian in the BBC TV production of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And the silver-white haired guy playing the leader of one of the factions in the same episode is Nigel Terry who played King Arthur in Excalibur and played Prince John in The Lion in Winter opposite Tony Hopkins, Kat Hepburn, Timothy Dalton & Peter O'Toole. That was a great episode--I hope to see Jenny, aka Georgia, again next season!
  5. geolarson2
    12-21-2008 04:21 PM
    geolarson2
    BTW, you can abbreviate my name to just "geo" Saves time, dig?
  6. geolarson2
    12-21-2008 04:09 PM
    geolarson2
    Really great to see you back, LeoRex! I was getting worried that we'd lost you (Ryan is still MIA). For what its worth, there was a period in there that I was absent for more than a week, and even though I've been logging in, a lot of the time I've been here for maybe just a few minutes before I've had to run off to take care of something else elsewhere (actually, there were a couple times in there that I was called away so fast that I didn't actually log out because I was in the middle of a post or PM, but was gone so long that by the time I got back I found I had to log back in! Busy time of the year, huh?). My brother's pretty irked that Atlantis is canceled, too (he didn't take Stargate going well, either, but he really, really loved Atlantis). Most of the time my TV's tuned to CNN or MSNBC so I miss out on a lot of SciFi or just about anything else (I watch my nieces a lot, so I'm torn between PBS kids in the AM, and Hannah Montana in the PM--but we do often watch The Simpsons and sometimes, if its not too "scandalous," Family Guy). I hadn't heard that David Tennant was definitely leaving Dr. ?--I'd heard he was considering it, but assumed when I heard he'd signed on again that it was for the full season. I, too, hope BBC Wales & CBC do at least as a good a job choosing the next doctor as they did picking Eccleston to kick the series off again, and then picking Tennant as his successor--and yeah, last season wound up with the strongest finale I think I've ever seen in any drama, sci-fi or otherwise--BSG can hope to do so good. And like you I'm going to miss BSG. Those first couple seasons were just so intense, the 3rd season seemed a bit halting to me, but the fourth was off to a pretty decent start. I'm assuming that SciFi will do a marathon right before the premiere so folks with poor memories (i.e., me) can remember what happened 6 months ago! And for Trek, I am really looking foward to seeing that--and this time I hope to actually get to the theatre! The last movie I saw was either Return of the King, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or Revenge of the Sith--whichever was the last to come out. There are a lot of movies I wish I'd gone to see, but couldn't manage it (the nearest theatre is about 4 or 5 miles away, and I don't drive), but I do have a couple of those free passes, too, and would like to use them. And lastly, I suspect you'll be the one who starts the thread featuring Ms D's tryst with Ms Leslie (I hope you are the one who starts it anyway). Glad to have ya back! Cheers
  7. LeoRex
    12-21-2008 04:54 AM
    LeoRex
    Hey there geolarsen - just was checking out the FTV site, and Rob has just posted the update for Danielle and Leslie for January 1st - you definatley definately have to check it out - guess there is going to be a race between you and I in terms of who is going to post the first thread for that update on the FTV page.
  8. LeoRex
    12-20-2008 04:45 PM
    LeoRex
    Hi There Geolarsen - so sorry for the long absence with no replies, but life got in the way there for a while and I was not on line a whole lot over the past month or so. I am so happy to find that when I get back that Danielle's pay site is up and running.

Yes, BSG is back in a few weeks for the last 10 episodes - last time we saw our gallant BSG crew they and the Cylons had landed on "Earth" and found it desolated - it begins from there - I am curious to see where they take it from there - I kinda hope that it is not the real Earth that they have found, but I am sure whichever way they take it it will done with class and style - I will miss it when it is gone, but better to go out in style than to let it run on till it starts to become bad.

I am a bit bummed though - just found out that one of my other favorite sci-fi shows Stargate Atlantis was cancelled and this the 5th season is it's last - ashame, as I still think that they had places they could go there, but at least I can take solice in the fact that I will have all 5 seasons of SGA and all 10 seasons of SG1 on DVD to keep me company for a long time.

Have seen the trailers for the new Star Trek film - it looks awesome - with movie prices these days I usually don't go out to the theaters that much anymore, but for this one I will definitely make the effort, and as I got a couple of movie gift cards for Xmas I will definitely be able to see it a few times From what I hear the film is Spock centric in terms of how Spock integrates himself into Starfleet, and from the trailers Simon Pegg looks like he is going to be awesome as Mr. Scott. So, here I am with my calendar - counting down the days till it's release.

Just finished watching the 4th season of Dr. Who, and I have to tell you that season was more awesome than the others - in the last couple of episodes where they bring all of the companions together to defeat the Daleks that was so beautifully done. It was great to see Davros back - he was one of my favorite villains from the old series, and it was great to see how they had updated him for the new series - here's hoping that we will see him again. David Tennant will be leaving after the third story of the next season - I can only hope that the producers will make another stupendous casting choice making for many more years of Dr. Who.

Well - I am off to make some posts to make my presence known again, and to watch the first few videos that I have downloaded from the new pay site - I can't wait.

Here's wishing you and yours the best of the holiday season!!!
  9. geolarson2
    12-17-2008 11:20 PM
    geolarson2
    Just a couple more weeks till BSG returns! I saw a couple previews the past couple days. Now if only I could remember what happened last, 6 months ago!
  10. geolarson2
    11-28-2008 10:16 PM
    geolarson2
    I'm assuming you've seen the new trailer for the new Star Trek, LeoRex. If not, its up at the official site. Looks interesting. My brother's dubious (he's become very cynical about sci-fi lately, thanks in large part to the long delays with Galactica), but Simon Pegg looked good in the little bit I saw of him as Scotty. Beyond that, though, it was all a big rush through the clip so I could hardly tell which end was up (alright, so that's nothing unusual for me, but still ...)