Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > Anoree
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Conversation Between Anoree and RonTheLogician
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 22 of 22
  1. Anoree
    02-18-2014 06:28 PM
    Anoree
    Hello Ron

Thank you very much for pointing that out.

The Forum Rules in the registration process might indeed be a just slightly (if at all) altered version of the default Forum Rules that come with the software we use. I'll see what we can do to get it changed and put up to date.

It probably will take some time, because not only Danielle is involved herein, FTVGirls also is, as they actually pay for the hosting of the site. They might want to double check any changes to be on the safe side.

Again, thank you for getting that to our attention - and welcome to the Forum!
  2. RonTheLogician
    02-18-2014 09:53 AM
    RonTheLogician
    Like everyone else, in registering for this website, I had to agree to the Forum Rules. But its "boilerplate" text is sadly wanting, because nearly everyone violates it as written, and almost immediately so! It says in part: By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are... sexually-oriented... [Aside: I'd wager that the text is a little-mutated descendant of something written at the dawn of the mass-participation Internet Age!]

You can say, well, that clause is obviously inoperative, but the problem with doing so is that one might then ask if any other clauses are as well. My point is that a rule which is openly violated compromises the legitimacy of all other rules, and, more importantly, makes it hard for people of good will to cooperate. Perhaps it would not be too burdensome for you to fashion a revised statement which Danielle approves, which is consistent with the actual decorum followed and enforced here.