PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Raymond (Studio6Girls)
05-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I just got my tickets and booked my hotel room for the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. I was raised in Monterey but have never been before so I'm excited.

The 2009 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance will feature Bugatti and Bentley as the Marquees.

And when Rob talks about the Bugatti Veyron being more than just a fast, expensive car but it being about craftsmanship and quality.

Bugatti has won Best in Show for the following years: 1956, 1959, 1964, 1966, 1976, 1985, 1990, 1998, 2003. That is more than any other marque.

So, has anyone else been to the Concours?

This is on my "To do" list before I die. My next major trip I want to do is the Monaco Grand Prix.

grande351
05-13-2009, 12:57 AM
That sounds like it's going to be great!!! I'd love to get out there sometime. I think the Monterey historic races would be cool to. There's so much "car stuff" to do out in California! We have some events here on the east coast, but nothing like you have out there. Monaco would be awesome too. The place alone would be worth the trip. Something I'm looking forward to is a trip I plan on taking in two years to the Goodwood Festival of Speed over in the UK. I missed it by one week the last time my company sent me there.

Raymond (Studio6Girls)
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I was looking at the Barrett-Jackson auto auction here in Arizona but it appears to be more about American cars and not so much on exotic imports. I would love to go to a local car show that focuses on Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc... does anyone know of Arizona shows like that?

daniellemybelle
05-13-2009, 02:37 PM
I was looking at the Barrett-Jackson auto auction here in Arizona but it appears to be more about American cars and not so much on exotic imports. I would love to go to a local car show that focuses on Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc... does anyone know of Arizona shows like that?

Have you been to the Barrett-Jackson? They definately have exotic cars there and I've seen some beautiful exotics. It all depends on who of course is selling what but it's a great show. Especially if you like the old musclecar stuff, which I do. Craig Jackson is a huge mustang and Shelby fan that's why they went more into the musclecar, american stuff. He had some top notch Shelby/Mustang restorers on staff at one time too and then when prices exploded in the musclecar world they went crazy with more and more american stuff.

Your Pebble Beach trip sounds fantastic and it's on my list too.

daniellemybelle
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
there is a rental car place that rents exotics too it's called Arizona Exotic Cars.

You could always just go check there cars out ;)