PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Reads

geolarson2
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
So along with movies, I also thought favourite reads might be interesting. I used to read a lot more than I do now, but I still have 1, 2 or 3 magazines going at any given time, and I'm debating on re-reading some texts I'd read a few years back--maybe something I missed before will pop out at me this time around.

Anyway, I used to read a lot of Patrick O'Brien novels (the Aubrey-Maturin series, one of which was made into the movie Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World starring Russell Crowe--Crowe, BTW, is part Maori--just thought you should know), plus the Sharpe's & Arthur novels of Bernard Cornwell. Magazine-wise, I get Playboy (but "only" for the pictures! :D), Smithsonian, National Geographic & Biblical Archaeology Review. At the moment, I'm reading about the Russian Orthodox Church and its resurgence since the collapse of the USSR in Nat Geo, and already devoured I think every article from this months Smithsonian (I especially liked the articles on Dinosaur hunting and the debate over who reached the North Pole first).