PDA

View Full Version : Pets: Favourite Breeds, Favourite Pets, &c.

geolarson2
10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Here's a thread for folks to come and talk about their pets--could be a pet they have now, could be a pet they had when a kid, whatever, be it dog, cat, bird, fish, horse, llama, peacock, ostrich, cattle, and so on.

I've had a few dogs in my time--a giant schnauzer, a couple poodles (standard & miniature), a Scottie. I've had or taken care of a trio of lovebirds and a pair of parakeets/budgies & a conure. Right now I'm taking care of a dwarf Netherlands blue rabbit (I've been taking care of her, incidentally, since 2001 or 2002 when she was old enough for adoption). But of all those animals, the thing that was maybe the more unique was my aquarium. I started working at pet shops when I was 13 and soon thereafter bought my first 15-gallon. By the time I closed things down in 2003, I'd worked my way up to a 100-gallon plexi tank. That, I have to say, was absolutely fun. At various times I kept an oscar named Oscar (duh) that I raised from just 2" to 13" when he died, a plecostimus that started off at 3" and got to 18" when he died, and a black pacu that I brought home at 3" and finally had to take back to the fish store when he got to 16" (and was still growing). I had a passion for Amazon fish, especially the cichlids, catfish (I love hoplos, BTW), and silver dollars (red-hooks, plain Metynnis, &c.--I suppose you could even put the pacu in there, too, along with piranhas since they're all related species).

LeoRex
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Good thread geolarsen - I have to say that I am a cat man myself. Although I do have to admit that the dogs are generally smarter than cats - if I had the choice to have only one animal - it would have to be a cat. I just love their independence and attitude - dogs will love you no matter what, but with cats they always let you know how they are feeling, and if you treat them badly you can count on getting the cold shoulder for a while - well, at least till they get hungry that is:D Seriously though - that attitude sort of keeps you on your toes. Trust me I am not slamming dogs - I had a German Sheppard for 12 years and she was one of the kindest and most loyal pets I ever had - if I was ever to get another dog - definitely would be a Sheppard.

Max
10-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I've always been a guy who likes cats. I've had cats all my life, from when I was born. I once had five cats, but they all got old. My current cat is a big yellow guy named Lorenzo that everyone likes, even dad who is allergic to cats.

MISSY
10-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Tigger got Sarah a big cat . It is a african serval. It is huge I know he posted some photos on here. I'm sure he will post some more when he sees this thread.

grande351
10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't currently have any pets, but I've had two dogs in my past. The first one was a Pekingese/Poodle mix and my second was a tiny little gray Toy Poodle. She weighed all of 6 pounds soaking wet! They were great dogs, a little on the excitable side, but I loved both of them.

I've often thought about getting another dog, but with my work schedule, they would be alone for long periods of time during the day. Most dogs like a lot of human interaction, so this wouldn't be good for them. But they do make great companions for someone living alone.

A good friend at work is breeding her English Bulldog. They're having four puppies. It's very tempting, I'd love to have one, but at @$1,500 - $2,000 each, they're a little out of my range. I'll probably rescue a dog from a shelter if I ever do decide to have one again.

grande351
10-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Tigger got Sarah a big cat . It is a african serval. It is huge I know he posted some photos on here. I'm sure he will post some more when he sees this thread.

I just looked them up on Google. They're beautiful cats. It must have cost a fortune!

tigger
10-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Yep. $1200.

tigger
11-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Sticking his toung out!!!!:d

tigger
11-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Can you do this?

DWM222
11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Tigger...are you sure someone didn't sell you a lepard...LOL

tigger
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
He is an african serval. He will be 2yrs old the end of the month. Sarah loves him to death. She has photos of him all over her my space page. When all her girl friends are over he is right in the middle of them licking and being rubbed. Loves his belly rubbed.

MISSY
11-10-2008, 02:05 AM
He is an african serval. He will be 2yrs old the end of the month. Sarah loves him to death. She has photos of him all over her my space page. When all her girl friends are over he is right in the middle of them licking and being rubbed. Loves his belly rubbed. You forgot licking boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger
11-10-2008, 11:19 PM
you forgot licking boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you droped food he was just getting it for you!:d

tigger
11-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger
11-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Is that for me. Ill take grandpas shair hes sleeping any way he wont know!

tigger
11-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Score. She does love me.

WhyYou
11-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Your cat is awesome tigger! :)

MISSY
11-15-2008, 08:36 PM
That cat is so loveable. If you sit down he will get up in your lap, nudge you or lick you. For his size he is varry gentle.

tigger
12-09-2008, 02:54 AM
The vet and the lady from the state barrowed pouncer to take to the grade school today.

tigger
12-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Vet showing how high pouncer can jump.

tigger
12-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Pouncer with karen the lady from the state. He is such a baby.

tigger
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM
she did the bow thing again!

tigger
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
she wont get the gifts while im on gaurd duty!

danielle_ftv
12-10-2008, 03:09 AM
I love Papillions like my little puppy Ferrero (which I always pronounced Pharaoh).

Ferrero in his little Santa outfit...Merry Christmas.
http://danielleftv.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=447

Ferrero hauling ***...probably chasing the fox or the moose
http://danielleftv.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=448

ugo
12-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Sweet your little dog, Danielle!:)
Ferrero it makes me remember.... something of dessert.:p

mart
12-10-2008, 07:48 PM
He really is a cute dog Danielle. Same as his owner.;):)

mart
12-10-2008, 07:50 PM
she wont get the gifts while im on gaurd duty!

That's an amazing picture Tigger.:)

tigger
12-10-2008, 07:54 PM
that's an amazing picture tigger.:)
thats one of the little girls sarah baby sits. She loves pouncer , she layes on him all the time.

mart
12-10-2008, 08:00 PM
He seems nothing but a big kitten. Wanting a bit of love and fun. I'm sure he gets plenty of both Tigger.:)

tigger
12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes he is and yes he does. He will be 2 yrs old in a few weeks. He is so jentle and loving. And he is so good around the kids. He does take and hide there toys sometimes. And he is good to clean under the table after the kids have there snacks. Lol

tigger
01-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Sarah e-mailed me that she had some visiters out side last night! they made a nice little nest out of grandmas planter!

mart
01-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Sarah e-mailed me that she had some visiters out side last night! they made a nice little nest out of grandmas planter!

Maybe They should learn that "twos company, threes a crowd" lol.:D

the Dutch mountains
01-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Me and my girlfriend are bird-lovers. We have several sorts, but I don't know the English names... ( I'm from the Netherlands, so please forgive my grammar )

Some pictures:

http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/110207_5tn.jpg (http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/110207_5.jpg)

http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/110207_4tn.jpg (http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/110207_4.jpg)

http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/chicken01tn.jpg (http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/chicken01.jpg)

http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/250207_03tn.jpg (http://www.antisound.nl/Plaatjes/250207_03.jpg)

( You can click on the images for larger versions )

laranger
01-27-2009, 01:38 AM
The Matriarch of my household. Miss Jay Jay.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/laranger/JJToy.jpg

tigger
01-27-2009, 01:42 AM
She has her bed, where are you going to sleep. :d

laranger
01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
She has her bed, where are you going to sleep. :d
She is really good about that, if the bedspread is pulled up she get up there but, when it's bed time she gets down and sleeps on her own bed which you can see part of just past her in front of the dresser.

mart
01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
That's a beautiful Labrador Laranger. My favourite breed because they are very well mannered and have a good temperament. I had a ***** called Bonnie and she was such a great dog. Followed me everywhere and when she was hungry. She'd pick up her bowl and nudge me with it lol.:)

tigger
02-06-2009, 04:22 AM
what is all this white crap and what is it doing in my enclosure!!!!!!!!

mart
02-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Hasn't he seen snow before Tigger?. But then any decent owner would have cleared the snow away for him.:D

tigger
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes he has seen snow befor but he dont like it.

02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Throughout my childhood we owned many different breeds of dogs. This breed (Miniature Schnauzer) tops my list however:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8015/miniatureschnauzer07.jpg

Maybe one day I'll buy one for myself.

danielle_ftv
02-22-2009, 03:06 AM

OMG that is so cute!

Texasdrake
02-22-2009, 05:33 AM
This is our Current dog..she is a Mini dashund that we got whe she was 6 weeks old and now around 10 years old now.Her name is baby and she is treated as one.Spoiled to the core.She LOVES snuggling under the covers with you and always perferred being pressed against you when she sleeps with you.In the picture she happens to be in my bed taking one of her many daily naps and if you can catch her right she would actually sleep with her head on the pillow.

mart
02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
This is our Current dog..she is a Mini dashund that we got whe she was 6 weeks old and now around 10 years old now.Her name is baby and she is treated as one.Spoiled to the core.She LOVES snuggling under the covers with you and always perferred being pressed against you when she sleeps with you.In the picture she happens to be in my bed taking one of her many daily naps and if you can catch her right she would actually sleep with her head on the pillow.

Very cute, but is she really as innocent as she looks Texasdrake?.:):D

Texasdrake
02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Very cute, but is she really as innocent as she looks Texasdrake?.:):D

Well it depends on what you considered "Innocent" (LOL)

tigger
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
he loves to tear up the paper! lol

tigger
02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
pouncer pulls sarahs covers into a pile and cralls up under them all the time.

mart
02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Well it depends on what you considered "Innocent" (LOL)

Well i mean tearing up the newpaper and sitting next the shredded paper with a cute innocent look as to say "wasn't me!" with bits of paper still stuck to his paws lol. Like it used to happen quite often with a dog i once had.:D

mart
02-23-2009, 07:03 PM
pouncer pulls sarahs covers into a pile and cralls up under them all the time.

Makes him look like he's hiding because he's been up to no good lol.:D

Texasdrake
02-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Well i mean tearing up the newpaper and sitting next the shredded paper with a cute innocent look as to say "wasn't me!" with bits of paper still stuck to his paws lol. Like it used to happen quite often with a dog i once had.:D

Well baby is good about not tearing up furniture,newspapers,etc...but she is very destructive with her toys..balls,stuff animals,etc. Sunday was a good example,she was in my brother's room chewing on a neon green tennis ball on my brother's bed while my brother was playing on bis Xbox.Within an hr that teenis ball was history.Bits of neon green yarn and bits of rubber was all in his bed with a big wet spot where she had drool when she was tearing that ball to pieces. (LOL)

mart
02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Well baby is good about not tearing up furniture,newspapers,etc...but she is very destructive with her toys..balls,stuff animals,etc. Sunday was a good example,she was in my brother's room chewing on a neon green tennis ball on my brother's bed while my brother was playing on bis Xbox.Within an hr that teenis ball was history.Bits of neon green yarn and bits of rubber was all in his bed with a big wet spot where she had drool when she was tearing that ball to pieces. (LOL)

But then that's what dogs are good at. I've had a few dogs where you give them a new toy and they've chewed it to bits in about half an hour lol. I had a labrador called Sandy and if you gave him a squeaky toy he would do his damnest to stop it squeaking by just chewing out the squeaker. Once he's got the squeaker out he would then leave the toy alone and not play with it anymore lol.:D

Texasdrake
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
But then that's what dogs are good at. I've had a few dogs where you give them a new toy and they've chewed it to bits in about half an hour lol. I had a labrador called Sandy and if you gave him a squeaky toy he would do his damnest to stop it squeaking by just chewing out the squeaker. Once he's got the squeaker out he would then leave the toy alone and not play with it anymore lol.:D

Thats funny cause those type of toys are babt favorite and she would do the same.She wiuld still play with the toy after the squeaker was torned out,but it wouldn't be as much fun for after that.It seems like the squeaking noise to her is like daring her to tear it up..the more it squeaks the harder she tries getting the squeaker out. :D

mart
02-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Thats funny cause those type of toys are babt favorite and she would do the same.She wiuld still play with the toy after the squeaker was torned out,but it wouldn't be as much fun for after that.It seems like the squeaking noise to her is like daring her to tear it up..the more it squeaks the harder she tries getting the squeaker out. :D

Why do we buy our pets toys especially for dogs?. When we know their just gonna chew them to bits in minutes lol. Here's a tip buy the rubber dog toys, they last longer lol.:D

tigger
02-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I have to get pouncer dog toys! The cat toys are too small and he can destoy them in min. His fav. Toy is a 4 ft piece of rope and i tie as meny nots in it as i can and he will sit and get every one untied and bring it back for me to tie more nots in it.

ugo
02-26-2009, 12:23 AM
I have to get pouncer dog toys! The cat toys are too small and he can destoy them in min. His fav. Toy is a 4 ft piece of rope and i tie as meny nots in it as i can and he will sit and get every one untied and bring it back for me to tie more nots in it.

What beautiful eyes that has your feline cat!:o

tigger
02-26-2009, 12:39 AM
The flash from the camera cought his eyes. The thing he is holding used to be a ball but he got the foam out of it and now he just plays with what is left.

mart
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
The flash from the camera cought his eyes. The thing he is holding used to be a ball but he got the foam out of it and now he just plays with what is left.

I've heard of red-eye but white-eye? lol. He looks very alert Tigger i bet not a lot gets passed him lol.:D

tigger
02-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Not much gets by him. He knows the sound of the fridg door real well .:d when i am coming home they know when i turned at the end of the road because he runs to the window and cherps. Yes i said cherps. Cheetas and servals are the only cats that can cherp. Sounds just like a bird. They do it when they are excited or are trying to find there young. But pouncer does it when he hears my truck comming up the road.

tigger
03-26-2009, 04:01 PM
:deather the smell nocked him out or he was varry sleepy!

tigger
03-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I wish i could sleep like that!!!!!!!!!

mart
03-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I wish i could sleep like that!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you then Tigger!.:eek: :D
Go on i dare you lol.:D

tigger
03-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Amanda might try and rub my belly and you know what that can lead too :eek:

tigger
03-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Loves to go to pets mart.

mart
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Loves to go to pets mart.

Better be careful Tigger somebody might come along and try to buy him, i know i would lol.:D

tigger
03-27-2009, 09:49 PM
He is like one of the family, could never give him up.

TheDoctor
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Have 2 cutest Labbies, but the pics are far too heavy to post here.

tigger
01-29-2010, 12:47 AM
took this photo a while ago its a skunk and a babby fox eating outof the dish we put out for the racoons.

tigger
01-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Here is a pick of Sarah giving the racoons some frenchfrys.

titsrock
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I got bit by a dog once when I was a young kid. Meh, not really into dogs.

I will go with cats because they all generally like me. I would like to have a cool saltwater fish tank someday.

mart
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Great picture Tigger, thanks for posting them

I got bit by a horse when i was a kid, so i hate horses, well maybe not hate just don't trust them.:D

I got bit by a dog once when I was a young kid. Meh, not really into dogs.

I will go with cats because they all generally like me. I would like to have a cool saltwater fish tank someday.

MISSY
02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Tigger has all kind of critters running around at his house. Mart I had a goat bite my butt when i was a kid still have a scar.

DWM222
02-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Tigger has all kind of critters running around at his house. Mart I had a goat bite my butt when i was a kid still have a scar.

A picture is worth a thousand words..(the scar of course)..:D

tigger
02-18-2010, 09:40 PM
The breeder sent me this. this is Coby, he is Pouncers brother the look on his face is funny. He didn't know what to make of the dog at the door.

tigger
02-18-2010, 09:42 PM
oh yea have my blanky and Sarahs new coat and the heater near this is the life! lol

tigger
02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
this is just too cute! pouncer over one of Sarahs friends house curled up in ther chair sleeping with her kitten!

tigger
02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Coby in the fridge deciding what he can get away with snatching for a snack.

Anoree
02-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Very nice pictures of Pouncer and family. I like them a lot. :)
Please keep them coming, Tigger!

MISSY
02-19-2010, 12:27 AM
this is just too cute! pouncer over one of Sarahs friends house curled up in ther chair sleeping with her kitten!

AWWWWWWWW That is soooooo cute!:p

MISSY
02-19-2010, 12:30 AM
The breeder sent me this. this is Coby, he is Pouncers brother the look on his face is funny. He didn't know what to make of the dog at the door.

That is the same look Pouncer gave Jeromy when he sneezed, I think it startled him for a min.lol

Immortal
02-19-2010, 12:50 AM
We have cats, 3 of them. All domestic short hairs with one being part siamese but acts like a FULL siamese. That is, he will bite you when you make him mad or tell him "NO" But most of the time he just demands pets. and you get bit if you don't pet him when he wants you to.
I call them the three stooges, "Larry," "Moe," and "Squirrely"

T-bone Thomas
02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
When I was young me and my 2 brothers got 3 little cats. These 3 cats were brothers too but they looked completely different. One was all black, one was grey checkered and one was black and grey checkered. They were no specific race, just normal domestic house cats. My eldest brother got the task to name them all. He gave them 3 very unusual names for cats: Forward, Petroleum and Marx.
Too bad I don't have pictures of them but in these days digital camera wasn't invented yet, lol.
Petroleum was killed by a car after a year but Forward and Marx lived in our family having good and long lives and they passed away in peace after many years. I still like cats although I never had a pet again after these 3 cats.

sarah
02-19-2010, 11:19 AM
My preferred pet is little winged bull, on the left…trying very hard to smile. (Little fairy Lilly is with him… she ab-so-lu-tely wanted to be on the photo).

http://www.therealm.ca/catalog/7559.jpg

mart
02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
We have cats, 3 of them. All domestic short hairs with one being part siamese but acts like a FULL siamese. That is, he will bite you when you make him mad or tell him "NO" But most of the time he just demands pets. and you get bit if you don't pet him when he wants you to.
I call them the three stooges, "Larry," "Moe," and "Squirrely"

I hate cats!, or cats hate me lol. I have my sisters cat and if i get too close for some reason he'll turn a little nasty with hissing and claws at the ready. I have never hit or harmed this bloody cat and i've tried to be friendly with it, but no go. The only time i can get close is when i'm putting his food bowl down for him.

DWM222
02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Great new pics! :)

MISSY
02-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I hate cats!, or cats hate me lol. I have my sisters cat and if i get too close for some reason he'll turn a little nasty with hissing and claws at the ready. I have never hit or harmed this bloody cat and i've tried to be friendly with it, but no go. The only time i can get close is when i'm putting his food bowl down for him.

They can tell if you dont like them, My cat doesn't like to be around a lot of people He sleeps with my niece when im away, but when we get home he rubs agenst Jeromys legs and as soon as he sits somewair he is in his lap. He hates all other men but loves Jeromy . there might be a smell from work that you bring in that he dosn't like maby.

mart
02-21-2010, 01:41 PM
They can tell if you dont like them, My cat doesn't like to be around a lot of people He sleeps with my niece when im away, but when we get home he rubs agenst Jeromys legs and as soon as he sits somewair he is in his lap. He hates all other men but loves Jeromy . there might be a smell from work that you bring in that he dosn't like maby.

Well i do usually smell of various kinds of wood when i get home, working in a sawmill. Don't know a lot about cats, being a dog man myself. I didn't know cats can sense that you don't like them though. The cat was dumped on me by my sister when her kids grew tired of it, i know that isn't the way cats or any animal should be treated, but that's kids for you. Silly thing is, my sister only bought the cat for the kids, purely because they wanted one. She's not too keen on cats either lol. I do ok with the cat though, we both know our places and i always try not to disturb him where ever he is.

tigger
02-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Well i do usually smell of various kinds of wood when i get home, working in a sawmill. Don't know a lot about cats, being a dog man myself. I didn't know cats can sense that you don't like them though. The cat was dumped on me by my sister when her kids grew tired of it, i know that isn't the way cats or any animal should be treated, but that's kids for you. Silly thing is, my sister only bought the cat for the kids, purely because they wanted one. She's not too keen on cats either lol. I do ok with the cat though, we both know our places and i always try not to disturb him where ever he is.

Some cats can just be hatefull. but being taken out of it's enverment and put somewair new can be stressfull on any animal. Animals can sence things, pouncer always knows when im not feeling well and will come lay with me, when Sarah was sick he stood gaurd by her bed all day.

Leonita
02-28-2010, 02:52 AM
I have two kittehs. Just your everyday, run of the mill cats, no special breed. One is black, long hair (named Merry) and the other is Bree, a diluted calico (instead of white with orange and black, she's white with beige and grey. the colors are not as vibrant IOW). Both are pretty weird but only cuz I'm weird, haha.

mart
02-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Some cats can just be hatefull. but being taken out of it's enverment and put somewair new can be stressfull on any animal. Animals can sence things, pouncer always knows when im not feeling well and will come lay with me, when Sarah was sick he stood gaurd by her bed all day.

Your right Tigger, but i've had this cat for about a year now and he still doesn't like me. I don't think me and this cat will ever actually be friends, i give up trying to pet him or make any kind of fuss over him. Because i just know he doesn't like me, even when he was with my sister i couldn't get close to him, without him giving me the, don't come over to me! look. Never had any trouble when i had dogs, i've had about four dogs in my life and they were all great companions. I aim to get another dog as soon as i can get rid of this cat, but unfortunately nobody wants him. Anybody wanna a free cat?.:D

Dibhildelfbof
03-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Those people are crazy...i feel bad and sad for those pets after reading the news...and yet those owners have the heart to do that...to their pets who they once love...who had brought them happiness....

Those people are unhuman....

WhyYou
03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Those people are crazy...i feel bad and sad for those pets after reading the news...and yet those owners have the heart to do that...to their pets who they once love...who had brought them happiness....

Those people are unhuman....

This does not make sense. What are you referring to? Are you responding to a post within this thread? If you are responding to a specific post then you need to quote that post so people will know what you are referring to. If you are making a comment about an item in the news you need to include some sort of explanation about where you found the information.

MISSY
03-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Here is my big guy Mr Tom i have had him for about 9 yrs. I had him long befor my husband. lol funny thing is he hates all men but my husband, he is at Jeromys feet every wair he goes and wants to be in his lap. lol

mart
03-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Here is my big guy Mr Tom i have had him for about 9 yrs. I had him long befor my husband. lol funny thing is he hates all men but my husband, he is at Jeromys feet every wair he goes and wants to be in his lap. lol

Bet he'd hate me Missy, all cats hate me.:D

MISSY
03-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Bet he'd hate me Missy, all cats hate me.:D

Probebly not mart so far Jeromy is the only guy that he has ever gone near. When Tigger was working on my floor tom sat at a distance watching him but wouldent come near him even when bribed with food.

mart
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Here's a pic of Blackie my niece took last year. Looking at them eyes, even there i'm sure he's thinking, i don't like Mart lol. Don't get me wrong, he is a nice cat. Just not too friendly towards me sometimes, but like i've said before i would never ever harm him. Shame he doesn't think the same way towards me lol.

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Sarah sent me this pick the breeder sent her of a serval the state removed from someone who didn't know how to take care of it. look how skiny it is. it should weigh a lot more. the breeder is going to nurse it back to health. so sad to see one it that shape

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Pouncer out in the snow, cant beleave he went out in it usaly wont.

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:44 AM
What is wrong with the pond?

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:45 AM
What a face!!!!lol

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Can we take it home, its chewd in all the right places!

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:48 AM
One of the blankets he got for christmas.

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:50 AM
With the youth group at church

tigger
03-28-2010, 12:57 AM
At church youth group again. this is the last one Sarah sent me for now. will post more when she sends more

mart
03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Great pictures of Pouncer Tigger.

tigger
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
The breeders daughter goofed and put pouncer in with the females, well you see the results.:D He was there to get his shots updated and got a little fun too. And the breedergave Sarah a $500 breeding fee when she picked him up after school. I told Sarah she could use the money for what ever she wanted.

tigger
04-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Just look at that smile on his face! :D

mart
04-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Just look at that smile on his face! :D

That's one satisfied Pouncer Tigger.:D

WhyYou
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
This is what I have been busy with for the past week or two:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/WhyYouIsMe/Mortimer/Mortimer01.jpg

I named him Mortimer

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/WhyYouIsMe/Mortimer/Mortimer02.jpg

He is about 4 weeks old now.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/WhyYouIsMe/Mortimer/Mortimer11.jpg

I made him a string toy, he just loves it!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/WhyYouIsMe/Mortimer/Mortimer07.jpg

He is so full of energy and her spurts around when I let him run loose (Loose in my apartment, he won't be an outdoor cat). His most favorite toy is my right hand...lol!

T-bone Thomas
06-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Ohhhh, how cute they are.

captnjack
06-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Cute what are their names?

tigger
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh how cute!

mart
06-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Ahhhh you look so cute WhyYou!!!, the cat look nice!.:D

MISSY
06-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Thats adorable! What do your other cats think of it?

DWM222
06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Cute cat:)

Immortal
06-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Such a cute little kitten Whyyou.

WhyYou
06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Cute what are their names?

There is only one kitten, his name is Mortimer. My friend has 3 cats named Mew (approx. 7 years old), Precious (approx. 5 years old), and Charlie (still young, approx 1 year old).

captnjack
06-27-2010, 04:31 AM
There is only one kitten, his name is Mortimer. My friend has 3 cats named Mew (approx. 7 years old), Precious (approx. 5 years old), and Charlie (still young, approx 1 year old).

Sounds like somone is a Edgar Bergen fan!

Anoree
06-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Congratulations on becoming a kitten father, WhyYou!
Mortimer is a cute little kitten. Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

tigger
07-05-2010, 12:42 AM
iF YOU REMEMBER POUNCERS LITTLE FUN WITH ONE OF THE BREEEDERS FEMALES WELL SHE HAD HER KITTS ON TUE. POUNCER IS A DADDY AGAIN. ONLY 4 THIS TIME

mart
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Nice one Pouncer!!!.

tigger
07-19-2010, 12:37 AM
This is a pick of Pouncer right after we got him. Grandma filled a tub with water to scrub the floor and she went to get the cleaner and when she came back pouncer was laying in the tub of water. He loves to play in water.

tigger
07-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Sarah went over to see the kits yesterday, they are growing fast.

mart
07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Sarah went over to see the kits yesterday, they are growing fast.

Just too cute for words Tigger!.

tigger
08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
The kittens are getting big this one looks just like his daddy and he is already surfing the web. lol :p

mart
08-05-2010, 07:07 PM
The kittens are getting big this one looks just like his daddy and he is already surfing the web. lol :p

He's only after that mouse Tigger!.:D

tigger
09-05-2010, 12:12 AM
in the pool and trying to keep the hose, he wasnt done playing with it yet

mart
09-06-2010, 07:08 PM
in the pool and trying to keep the hose, he wasnt done playing with it yet

How many people got soaked trying to get it off him Tigger?.:D

tigger
09-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Every budy he could reach. changing his pool water your going to get wet there is no way around it. He just has to help!:D

mart
09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Every budy he could reach. changing his pool water your going to get wet there is no way around it. He just has to help!:D

Yep thought so, had a dog like that.:D

tigger
10-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Pouncer out in the yard , with out his coller on i notice!!!! And with a full belly it looks like too!

mart
10-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Pouncer out in the yard , with out his coller on i notice!!!! And with a full belly it looks like too!

And looking very content with himself Tigger.

CalaverX11
10-15-2010, 04:50 AM
My cat, Arthur Dent. (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1214473/)

He's a tabby mix, found in a dumpster by the shelter I picked him up at. I got him when he was a kitten, about 6 months or so old, back in January of 2008. He's about 3 now, fully grown, and annoying the sh*t out of me. But it's okay, because I love him.

I've been a cat lover my whole life, because my first memories with animals are with cats. I love dogs, too, but I've never actually owned or cared for one myself. In general I love all animals (including the ones I eat), and it seems like animals love me; every dog or cat or other domesticated animal I've ever met and spent more than five minutes with seemed to get on with me right away. The common response is usually "Wow, Soandso really likes you! He/she/it isn't usually friendly to strangers!"

Must be because I look like an ape or caveman or something. Animals are like "Oh he's cool, he's one of us."

Edit: He was named by the shelter. I saw this little orange flash zipping back and forth and knocking the other kittens silly, and I asked, "Who's that?"

"Oh, that's Arthur Dent."

"Sold."

CalaverX11
10-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Heh, he thinks he's computer people.

mart
10-19-2010, 07:32 PM
My cat, Arthur Dent. (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1214473/)

He's a tabby mix, found in a dumpster by the shelter I picked him up at. I got him when he was a kitten, about 6 months or so old, back in January of 2008. He's about 3 now, fully grown, and annoying the sh*t out of me. But it's okay, because I love him.

I've been a cat lover my whole life, because my first memories with animals are with cats. I love dogs, too, but I've never actually owned or cared for one myself. In general I love all animals (including the ones I eat), and it seems like animals love me; every dog or cat or other domesticated animal I've ever met and spent more than five minutes with seemed to get on with me right away. The common response is usually "Wow, Soandso really likes you! He/she/it isn't usually friendly to strangers!"

Must be because I look like an ape or caveman or something. Animals are like "Oh he's cool, he's one of us."

Edit: He was named by the shelter. I saw this little orange flash zipping back and forth and knocking the other kittens silly, and I asked, "Who's that?"

"Oh, that's Arthur Dent."

"Sold."

You a fan of "The HitchHikers guide to the Galaxy", or is the cat?.:D

CalaverX11
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
You a fan of "The HitchHikers guide to the Galaxy", or is the cat?.:D
Both of us. :)

I wanted the whole set (there was also a Trillian and a Slartibartfast), but my girlfriend at the time said no as we already had one cat, and I couldn't have afforded another adoption fee at the time.

Now that she's gone, I'll be going back to get another cat to keep Arthur company. I HOPE they have one already named Ford or Zaphod, but if not I'll just re-name him/her.

mart
10-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Both of us. :)

I wanted the whole set (there was also a Trillian and a Slartibartfast), but my girlfriend at the time said no as we already had one cat, and I couldn't have afforded another adoption fee at the time.

Now that she's gone, I'll be going back to get another cat to keep Arthur company. I HOPE they have one already named Ford or Zaphod, but if not I'll just re-name him/her.

Well good luck!!!, i loved "HitchHikers guide to the galaxy", imagine calling out Slartibartfast outside though lol.

tigger
12-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Nice and cozy in my hammock with a paper to tear the crap out of. this is the life!:p

WhyYou
12-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Recent pictures of Mortimer. He's now about 7 months old!

The notebook is regulation size.
http://danielleftv.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=1543
He just loves to pose for the camera :)
http://danielleftv.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=1544

tigger
12-07-2010, 10:52 PM
He's gotten big!

laranger
12-08-2010, 05:37 PM
That's no "Pouncer".

MISSY
12-15-2010, 12:04 AM
My sister sent me this, she went to go in the closet to get something and there was tom doing what he does best!

mart
12-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Snap! Missy, my cat usually like to hide in my airing cupboard or any open cupboard available. Isn't it in cats nature to hide away when they want peace and quiet?. I don't have too much knowledge when it comes to cats, i've always prefered to have dogs. But living alone and working, i couldn't leave a dog alone in the house all day. So now i'm stuck with my sisters cat, i prefer it when he's hiding away anyway, purely because he's not keen on me and i have the scratches to prove it lol.

tigger
12-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Hows about a kiss good looking!!!!!!!:D

mart
01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Hows about a kiss good looking!!!!!!!:D

Dose she have any choice!.:D

tigger
01-17-2011, 10:47 PM
That pick is of Colby Pouncers brother! the girl is the breeders daughter.

mart
01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Their all nice pictures Tigger.

tigger
01-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Is there a reson you woke me from my nap???

mart
01-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Is there a reson you woke me from my nap???

Nope, just thought we'd wake you to see if your asleep.:D

MISSY
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
My fat lazy cat doding what he does best!:rolleyes:

mart
02-24-2011, 06:37 PM
My fat lazy cat doding what he does best!:rolleyes:

And he looks pretty good at it!, is he a professional lounger?.:D

tigger
02-28-2011, 08:50 PM
My sisters dog had puppies!

mart
03-19-2011, 09:39 AM
My sisters dog had puppies!

Too cute for words Tigger.

tigger
05-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Someone play with me!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugo
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
maybe me:p

mart
05-16-2011, 06:27 PM
maybe me:p

Love that one Ugo.:D

MISSY
05-28-2011, 12:24 AM
RIP. MR Tom. My cat of 13 years did not eat his supper last night and when my sister got home today he had still not eaten so she went looking for him and found him on my bed, he must have passed sometime last night. I will miss him:(

laranger
05-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Sorry to hear about that Missy, it is really painful to lose a pet.

ugo
05-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Sorry Missy and am with u.

I think that pets are very "gifts" careful not forget for our loneliness.

Without it is life sad like some companion.

mart
05-28-2011, 12:49 PM
RIP. MR Tom. My cat of 13 years did not eat his supper last night and when my sister got home today he had still not eaten so she went looking for him and found him on my bed, he must have passed sometime last night. I will miss him:(

Sorry to hear that Missy, pets do become a part of the family and it's very sad when you lose them, R.I.P Mr Tom.

Anoree
05-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, Missy. It probably doesn't help much now, but to me it sounds like he had an easy passing.

DWM222
05-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Sorry for your loss Missy! :(

MISSY
05-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys! My sister and niece got a nice box and burried him in the back flower bed. My niece wants to get another cat and we said it was OK Jeromy and I are not home that much but i will miss Tom!

Texasdrake
05-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Sorry Missy for your loss.Had to out our dog down during the Thanksgiving holidays a few years back Still miss her alot also.

ugo
05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
its companion, Missy:)

tigger
06-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ugo
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I propose of take her,......

tigger
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
This just reminds me of somthing Pouncer would do!:D:p

mart
07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
This just reminds me of somthing Pouncer would do!:D:p

You certainly look in good shape Tigger!.:D

wabbit
04-19-2020, 10:52 PM
I have a toy Schnauzer that is 15 years old and is a semi-celebrity from Vine. Anyone interested can find him under Man Down Dog Video on YouTube.
Here is the YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGLFCi1R64

wabbit
04-25-2020, 02:09 AM
I think I have the distant cousin to your cat, or maybe a (Siamese twin?). He's also doing what he does best.