PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Snacks: Junk & Comfort Foods

geolarson2
10-22-2008, 09:42 PM
So I figured, after digging through cupboards looking for something to snack on, it might be interesting to start a thread where snacks are the topic. This could be chips/crisps, cookies/biscuits, or made meals like meat loaf. It could also be what you like on your sandwich or pizza, or whatever.

For myself, today I was looking for a bag of Buffalo Bleu flavoured chips which I knew was long gone. Still, I had that hankering and went a-lookin' anyway. Instead, I had a some blueberry yogurt.

Texasdrake
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
I have a problem sometimes with my "Midnight" snacks.Usually in the mood for soemthing when I watch a movie.Alot of the time it would be anything from popcorn to chips and since I have a Sam's Club card there were times I would buy candy,etc in bulk. One of my favorite things to pick up was Grandma's Peanut Butter cookies.Of course over time those midnight snacking end up putting a good size bulk on me.Now I'm trying to lose or at least scale back that bad habit. :D

Geezer
10-27-2008, 02:42 AM
My biggest craving is French baguette rolls with lots of cheese - any kind of cheese as I'm "experimenting" with new ones lately. I often pound down several rolls, a 1/4 pound of cheese, and 2-3 glasses of wine between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM when I finally get into bed. Thank goodness I do 60-90 minutes of cardio at my gym six days a week!:eek:

geolarson2
10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
My biggest craving is French baguette rolls with lots of cheese - any kind of cheese as I'm "experimenting" with new ones lately. I often pound down several rolls, a 1/4 pound of cheese, and 2-3 glasses of wine between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM when I finally get into bed. Thank goodness I do 60-90 minutes of cardio at my gym six days a week!:eek:

I love baguettes! I used to live across the street from a little family-owned grocer who made fresh sour dough baguettes everyday (and this was in the SF Bay Area, so we're talking the really good type of sour dough). I'd just rip a hunk off an eat it warm from the oven on the way home. They also made really good ham or turkey lavosh and turkey pesto sandwiches on their own rolls. Mmm-mmm good! I can't drink wine anymore (or alcohol of any type), but find that a cranberry-blueberry blend comes close to a decent merlot in taste (or maybe I'm just fooling myself?), but with a little havarti its a really nice way to calm down and enjoy the simple things.

Geezer
10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I love baguettes! I used to live across the street from a little family-owned grocer who made fresh sour dough baguettes everyday (and this was in the SF Bay Area, so we're talking the really good type of sour dough). I'd just rip a hunk off an eat it warm from the oven on the way home. They also made really good ham or turkey lavosh and turkey pesto sandwiches on their own rolls. Mmm-mmm good! I can't drink wine anymore (or alcohol of any type), but find that a cranberry-blueberry blend comes close to a decent merlot in taste (or maybe I'm just fooling myself?), but with a little havarti its a really nice way to calm down and enjoy the simple things.

Well, I live in The Bay Area now so maybe we experienced the same sour dough baguettes at one time.:D

tigger
10-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Ho ho's i love ho ho's.

captnjack
10-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Chocalate Brownies are my favorite snack.

grande351
10-28-2008, 02:55 AM

Man, I love the chocolate brownies too!! Can't eat them anymore though! :(
I'm trying to lose weight!

Geezer
10-28-2008, 07:29 AM
It is MY 12:30 AM on Tuesday and I'm drinking a really smooth white wine and eating Gouda cheese with walnuts on Triskets. OMG! So good!:rolleyes:

eastbill
10-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Man, I love the chocolate brownies too!! Can't eat them anymore though! :(
I'm trying to lose weight!

i am with you there. and i cant eat them either.

Max
10-28-2008, 11:38 PM
I usually go downstairs, find something decently edible, and go back to sleep.

geolarson2
10-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Whenever I'm feeling down or sick, I get a hankering for McDonald's cheeseburgers, and it has to be McD's cheeseburgers. It isn't that they're really great, but rather something that goes back to when I was little so they're something of a security blanket for me, I guess :o

PurplePanties
10-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Green & Black Organic Chocolate Ice Cream :)

mart
10-31-2008, 07:20 PM

Can i ask what are "chocolate brownies"?.
My favourite snack is chicken wings, legs or bacon sarnies.:)

captnjack
11-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Can i ask what are "chocolate brownies"?.
My favourite snack is chicken wings, legs or bacon sarnies.:)

It's like a thick heavy chocolate cake baked in a loaf pan and usually cut into squares. The four corner pieces are the best ones. I like them with or without chocolate icing and a hot cut of coffee.

mart
11-01-2008, 10:12 PM
It's like a thick heavy chocolate cake baked in a loaf pan and usually cut into squares. The four corner pieces are the best ones. I like them with or without chocolate icing and a hot cut of coffee.

Thanks Captnjack!. Sounds nice. My favourite fancy is gypsy tart very sweet and very nice.:)