PDA

View Full Version : I got my new computer TODAY!!!!!

WhyYou
11-24-2009, 08:29 PM
This new computer has Windows 7. It's so cool how the windows fade in and out! I'm having lots of fun getting all my preferences back to normal...lol. Right now I have both computers running, my old computer isn't networked to this one yet but I have it up so I can write down things I need to download, like Firefox addons. This computer starts up in a flash compared to the old computer. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!! :)

tigger
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Old computer ya had ciber sex. the new one ya can have a quicky. lol

WhyYou
11-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Old computer ya had ciber sex. the new one ya can have a quicky. lol

More like 2 quickies and an afternoon delight...this new computer is lightening fast...LOL! :D

Enigma
11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
This new computer has Windows 7. It's so cool how the windows fade in and out! I'm having lots of fun getting all my preferences back to normal...lol. Right now I have both computers running, my old computer isn't networked to this one yet but I have it up so I can write down things I need to download, like Firefox addons. This computer starts up in a flash compared to the old computer. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!!! :)

What Os was you running before sounds like XP or poss (dare I say it ME :O), you should be happy the you bypast the whole Vista thing I have it and was happy the windows 7 came out, as it's been said win 7 is what vista should have been like.

there again I am said, I have a copy of windows 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 98b, NT, 2000, xp vista, and now 7.

Would be nice if you couls post a link to the computer stats to see what's running unther the shell, if this is ok with you I mean :)

WhyYou
11-25-2009, 02:52 PM
What Os was you running before sounds like XP or poss (dare I say it ME :O), you should be happy the you bypast the whole Vista thing I have it and was happy the windows 7 came out, as it's been said win 7 is what vista should have been like.

there again I am said, I have a copy of windows 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 98b, NT, 2000, xp vista, and now 7.

Would be nice if you couls post a link to the computer stats to see what's running unther the shell, if this is ok with you I mean :)

Here is my new computer:

HP Pavillion Elite e9280t
Intel i7-950 Processor (3.00 GHz, Quad Core)
9 GB RAM
Two 1 TB (terrabyte) Hard Drives (3 GB/sec)
LightScribe 16X max DVD-R/W Super Multidrive
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
15-in-1 memory stick drive
1 GB NVDIA GeForce GT220
Integrated 10/100/1000 (GB) Ethernet
Windows 7 Home Premium OS

Enigma
11-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Here is my new computer:

HP Pavillion Elite e9280t
Intel i7-950 Processor (3.00 GHz, Quad Core)
9 GB RAM
Two 1 TB (terrabyte) Hard Drives (3 GB/sec)
LightScribe 16X max DVD-R/W Super Multidrive
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
15-in-1 memory stick drive
1 GB NVDIA GeForce GT220
Integrated 10/100/1000 (GB) Ethernet
Windows 7 Home Premium OS

Now that's a computer, and I have just looked to see if you are running the 64bit os, as you have 9GB RAM.

Here is a "Gadget" for windows 7 that I use to watch how much CPU and RAM I am using, it's all "All CPU Gadget (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/all-cpu-meter-gadget.htm)" it's really good if you are using a lot of program's and so on, as I edit images from photo shoot's I tend to need a good amount of CPU and RAM power.

Give it a go and see what you think :)

WhyYou
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I downloaded and installed the gadget...it's kind of small but it looks neat. It's listing 8 cores for this computer and all are active. I am using about 25 % of the RAM with MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, Firefox, and Windows backup running.

Immortal
11-25-2009, 11:38 PM
hey that's great whyyou, We just got a new computer too with windows 7 and it is so cool and fast. I love it. It's smaller than yours but great for what we need it for. It's got 6 gigs of ram, 900 gigs hard disk, Lightscribe CD/DVD R/W
Dual core processors.
Now i need to network it with the office computer (that runs XP:mad:) Than I'll be happy.:)

DWM222
11-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Way cool computer WhyYou..good for you
(Sounds like all its missing is 3 dueces & a 4 on the floor):D:D

Max
11-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Cool, I just got this computer last week, it's a macbook.

Enigma
11-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I downloaded and installed the gadget...it's kind of small but it looks neat. It's listing 8 cores for this computer and all are active. I am using about 25 % of the RAM with MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, Firefox, and Windows backup running.

Well if you like that WhyYou, try this "App Launcher V3" (http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=7eb0c316-b3d1-416e-bff4-5b7ed53ebe11), This make is easy to just click and away you go with all the app's that you use most often, have a go setting it up and I'm sure you will come to love it.